SchoolMint is the leading SaaS platform driven by our mission to help educators create bright, more sustainable futures. We offer powerful products that help schools run smarter enrollment management and student behavior management.
We are a fast-growing and established EdTech company rooted strongly in our core values: No Jerks, Period; We, Not Me; Be Heroic; Bring Your Whole Self to Work; Embrace and Drive Change. We take these seriously. At SchoolMint we live what we preach and embody values that empower us to delight our customers with award-winning products and top-notch customer service.
SchoolMint is actively searching for a Director, Business Development. Primary objectives of the role are to coach, manage, and lead the Business Development team at Schoolmint, which consists of Sales Development Representatives and Business Development Representatives, driving towards sales goals and other team and individual KPIs. This position reports directly to the Vice President, Sales.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience selling B2B SaaS products and at least 2 years of experience managing a sales or business development team. A successful Director, Business Development will build meaningful relationships, take the extra step to coach and develop their team, know our products, value proposition, and market positioning, and be aware of changing market trends and needs. Our Director, Business Development will also be a core voice in our marketing strategy and provide input to the external presence of SchoolMint and its marketing strategies.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record leading teams of sales/business development professionals that consistently meet or exceed quota.
What You Will Do:
- Coach, manage, and lead a high-performing sales/business development team
- Lead and manage a team of Sales/Business Development Representatives to drive high-quality sales pipeline for our Strategic Enrollment Management and Positive Classroom solutions.
- Facilitate and coordinate market and product enablements for the S/BDR team, as well as team learning across the sales organization.
- Participate in and guide qualification of opportunities with prospective customers
- Collaborate with leaders across sales, marketing, and revenue operations to support strategies and meet company targets
- Be a thought leader and partner for marketing and sales team, as well as cross-functional teams
- Report sales metrics and progress to goal on weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Oversee and manage sales automation tools
- Willing to travel 15-25% of the time (in-state), depending on office location
- You have a bachelor’s degree
- You have 5+ years experience in a sales or business development role, 2+ years in directly managing B2B SaaS sales or business development teams, preferably in the EdTech industry.
- Outstanding verbal, written and communication skills
- Strong track record of recruiting, developing, and retaining high performing business development representatives
- Proven Leadership, Coaching, and Management skills
- Technically savvy. Experience working in systems like Salesforce (or like CRM), Salesloft and other sales/marketing automation tools preferred.
- Deep understanding of K-12 public education landscape, strongly preferred