**Open to locations in Charleston, S.C.; Seattle, Washington or San Francisco, CA**
Who We Are
At Goodreads, our mission is to help people find and share books they love, and our customers are at the heart of what we do. We offer a team environment that thrives on innovation and excellence, and our staff is talented, energetic, and passionate about creating an exceptional customer experience.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
If you want to work for a team who delights customers, solves problems, and is at the forefront of innovation, this is the job for you!
The Training Launch Content team (TLC) is seeking an Instructional Designer to design and deliver innovative learning strategies for our global team. In this position, you will create and improve learning strategies and curricula to yield improved time to proficiency and improved learner experience. You will work on projects that utilize your expertise in adult learning theory and instructional technologies to enhance the performance of Amazonians.
Key job responsibilities
- Partner with stakeholders to evaluate the program/project goals and scope training needs
- Define and document the learning solution that helps them meet these goals, including performance objectives, engagement strategies, and evaluation plans
- Design and develop performance-focused training content that engages learners
- Participate in training coordination and facilitation
- Develop and drive projects through ambiguity, competing priorities, dependencies, and challenging deadlines, to ensure the right training is deployed on time and key business stakeholders are engaged along the way.
- Monitor curricula to ensure the content is updated periodically and accurately; upload, test, and maintain content to LMS
- Identify areas of continuous improvement to continually raise the bar for our learning experiences.
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships across levels, partnering closely with Program Managers and Operations Managers to achieve results
About the team
Our mission is to help people discover books they love and get more out of reading. That includes our employees! We have book perks and book clubs to engage with each other. In addition to Amazon's Leadership Principles, we also embrace unique Core Values such as Be Humble, Create Fun and Always Be Learning, Always Be Teaching, and Be Passionate. We celebrate diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Previous instructional design experience, including using e-learning tools
- Previous experience in project/program management
- Experience in driving learning outcomes inside and beyond the classroom
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, or at least 2 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Learning and Development or related field
- CPLP or other learning/training certification
- Proven track record of success within the learning lifecycle - defining, assessing, measuring, developing, implementing, and reinforcing learning solutions
- Experience with multi-media development (audio, video, and/or animation)
- Experience with SCORM, xAPI, online learning and learning technologies
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.