Posting Number | S04056P
Position Title | Academic Advisor II (S04056P)
Department | Industrial Engineering
Location | Arlington
Job Family | Student Success
Position Status | Full-time
Work Hours | Standard
Work Schedule | Monday-Friday; 8:00am-5:00pm.
Open to | External and Internal
Salary | Salary is commensurate based on qualifications and relevant experience up to $44,000 a year
Duration | Funding expected to continue
Pay Basis | Monthly
Benefits Eligible | Yes
Job Summary | Build and maintain the department recruiting and advising programs. Serves as the liaison between the faculty and students. Responsible for understanding and interpreting the needs of students; for interpreting, formulating, and evaluating institutional rules for students; and for facilitating the exchange of academic information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities |
- Advise undergraduate students on their degree plans and course work for obtaining a degree/certificate in the department
- This includes, but is not limited to, proactive outreach to provide students with timely assistance, making appropriate referrals and supporting student from other departments as needed
- Conduct verification of degree progress, removal of holds, permissions, and approval of various forms to ensure timely student progression
- Prepare degree plans, audits, and verify graduation requirements
- Collects, analyzes, and reports on student admission, progression, and graduation metrics. Maintains student records
- Supports advising processes related to admissions and scholarships, such as internships,
- GRA / GTA selection, CPTs/OPTs
- Serves as the department liaison to other academic and administrative units on department advising operations
- Supports department recruiting, orientations, outreach activities, and administrative support operations as needed
Required Qualifications | Bachelor’s degree in related field. One to four (1-4) years of experience teaching or counseling students at the high school or college level.
Preferred Qualifications | Master’s degree in related field. Five plus (5+) years of experience advising students at high school or college level. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Excellent customer service skills. Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.). Ability to multitask and work on multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to interact with students, faculty, and staff members efficiently and effectively. Strong organizational and document handling skills. Detail oriented with accuracy in typing and spelling.
Working Conditions |
Special Conditions for Eligibility |
Working Title |
EEO Statement | UTA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation. A criminal background check will be conducted on finalists. The UTA is a tobacco free campus.
Posting Detail Information
Number of Vacancies | 1
Desired Start Date |
Open Date |
Review Start Date |
Open Until Filled |
Special Instructions to Applicants | Applicants must include in their online resume the following information: 1) Employment history: name of company, period employed (from month/year to month/year), job title, summary of job duties and 2) Education: school name, degree type, and major.