The Academic Advisor is a part of the team responsible for managing the day-to-day academic operations for the Business and Technology Management and Innovation program. This position will advise students in the programs, policies and procedures of the BTM program. The Academic Advisor serves as a member of the advising team, helping students to articulate their academic goals and develop meaningful educational plans. The Academic Advisor will advise students on a wide range of academic issues, facilitating individual and group sessions throughout the academic year. In addition, the adviser works with departmental advisors and other university offices to increase student retention, and would assist in determining undergraduate academic standing issues.
Master's Degree Relevant master’s degree preferred.
2+ years Experience in an academic institution or business setting with proven track record in administration and event management
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Must demonstrate the ability to work as a team member; to think creatively; and to evaluate and improve existing process and procedures
- Must have strong and polished interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Creative, strategic and analytical thinker with the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and knowledge of other PC programs
- Must be able to comprehend and follow a diverse set of verbally communicated operational procedures with little guidance or training, self-manageable.
- Must be comfortable and professional in conducting business by telephone and in person.
- Demonstrated success in effective multitasking, trouble shooting, attention to detail, and meeting deadlines.
- Position demands significant attention to detail, effective communications, team collaboration and working on weekends.
- Ability to travel between campuses if needed and must be willing to work weekends and evening.
In compliance with NYC's Pay Transparency Act, the annual base salary range for this position is USD $59,717.74 to USD $72,988.34. New York University considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as, market and organizational considerations when extending an offer. This pay range represents base pay only and excludes any additional items such as incentives, bonuses, clinical compensation, or other items.
NYU aims to be among the greenest urban campuses in the country and carbon neutral by 2040. Learn more at nyu.edu/nyugreen.
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Need help finding the right job?