At McGraw Hill we create best-in-class, next-generation learning platforms that are used by millions of students and educators worldwide from kindergarten through graduate school. Our goal is to accelerate student success through intuitive and effective learning tools and content that maximize a teacher’s time and a student’s learning experience. We do all of this in a supportive, collaborative environment where you can grow your career in a way that fits into your life.
How can you make an Impact?
We are looking for Supervisor of Academic Designers for grades K-5 for our Literacy program. This is a fantastic opportunity to help build our future Literacy program!
It will be filled as a Project Status Worker (PSW) designation. These roles are remote, and candidates can reside anywhere within the United States.
Academic Design Supervisors are content and curriculum experts as well as people leaders. They manage and mentor a grade-level team in the development of high-quality content based on specific product requirements for programs and understanding the solution design. They collaborate with the Academic Design Directors, Academic Design Managers, and Product Managers to help develop the solution design (both conceptualization and implementation).
What you will be doing:
- Translating product goals into actionable steps for the team; communicating how work relates to overall product vision
- Planning resources and allocating work within own team; realigning priorities to achieve expected outcomes
- Tracking against budgets and mitigating budgets, quality, and/or schedule risks
- Developing team member work skills, recognizing team contributions, and fostering a learning environment that encourages others to learn from their experience
- Working closely with Managers, other grade-level Supervisors, and cross-functional teams to help develop prototypes and guidelines for solutions aligned to relevant market requirements, product definitions, learning objectives, and content standards
- Understanding the implications of customer and sales deadlines, state curriculum requirements, and budget and resource limitations on workflow and schedule
- Maintaining a strong awareness of the competitive environment, including a focus on digital technology
- Contributing to portfolio plans, developing own team plans, and effectively prioritizing work within the team
- Demonstrate strong understanding of elementary (Grades K-5) Reading/Language Arts pedagogical issues
- Staying up to date on emerging educational/curriculum trends, educational technology, and research within field and adjacent to field
What you need to be considered:
- Bachelor’s Degree in elementary education, literacy, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in literacy curriculum development and educational publishing with a focus on PreK through Fifth Grade
- 4+ years of formal people management experience
- Subject matter expertise in foundational literacy skills
- Proactive, goal-oriented and collaborative, with experience leading multi-person teams and working both cross-functionally and hierarchically, and capable of building strong relationships at all levels through a climate of trust, respect, empathy, and psychological safety
- Knowledge of appropriate industry and subject-area content development practices, content standards, and academic and pedagogical trends, with the ability to drive innovation in teams and products
- Experience with project oversight, including managing staff and budgets
- Strong organizational, planning, and prioritization skills, with a demonstrated ability to allocate resources, manage vendors and oversee budgets and work plans
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and negotiation skills
- Teaching experience an advantage
- Experience building accessible content in digital authoring systems is a plus
The pay range for this position is between $70,000 - $90,000 annually, however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location. Additionally, a full range of medical and/or other benefits may be provided, depending on the position offered. Click here
to learn more about our benefit offerings.