Impact the Moment
When was the last time you experienced the impact of your work? Our Higher Education Sales team thrives on building meaningful relationships with educators and learners. With that comes the unique opportunity to impact lives across the world and experience first-hand the difference your hard work makes.
We’re looking for an Academic Sales Rep to join our passionate and driven team. The Education Consultant will be connecting with academics and key stake holders at the higher education institutions to understand their pain points and provide solutions through McGraw Hill digital and print products.
How can you make an impact?
The Academic Sales Rep are proactive salespeople, well-organised and data-driven with an aptitude in problem-solving. The ideal candidate can recognise opportunity from changes in economic conditions, competitor activity, market or educational trends, and demographic to engage and close business.
What you will be doing:
- Manage and develop client relationships which includes daily sales calls activity, personal and team financial targets for print and digital products, new adoptions reported, number of adoptions retained, closing rate of opportunities, proactively seeking orders from booksellers and influencing buying decisions
- Create customer value and grow revenue by analyzing customer needs, synthesizing gathered information, and recommending digital solutions that will deliver desired results
- Maximise business opportunities of existing customers by identifying upsell, digital conversion and enterprise opportunities
- Build strong relationships with faculty and administrators – becoming their trusted advisor for higher education course solutions and continuously identifying new opportunities to cultivate partnerships
- Manage and co-ordinate tender processes and contracts where applicable
- Develop and execute strategies, incl. sharing ideas and suggestions to develop business
- Maintain accuracy in company records such as ensuring all calls are logged in SalesForce.com, opportunities are tracked with correct details and customers’ details are accurately captured
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor Degree, university degree or equivalent
- Previous sales experience strongly preferred, ideally within EdTech or Higher Education
- Evidence of being a high achiever with a track record of success.
- Demonstrated passion for technology–enabled educational solutions.
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment and adaptable to change.
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal communication, and time management skills.
- Possess full working rights in Australia.
Why join us?
There has never been a better time to join McGraw Hill. In our culture of curiosity and innovation, you will be able to own your growth and develop as we do.