WHAT WE SEEK
This position requires a strong background in the educational sales industry and established relationships with key stakeholders in school districts, such as: Superintendents, Assistant Superintendents, Directors of Curriculum and Instruction, Chief Academic Officers, Directors of IT, Performance and Accountability Officers, Federal Program Directors and/or Directors of Teaching and Learning.
An Account Executive serves as a key member of our collaborative outside sales team and helps execute sales campaigns by qualifying leads, closing sales and providing high-quality sales and customer support. The Account Executive develops, grows and retains strategic, long-term partnerships with new clients. This position works within a select geographic group of clients and prospective clients to promote the Carnegie Learning products/services and represents Carnegie Learning by identifying business opportunities consistent with the company's strategic objectives. The Account Executive also works closely with K-12 educators and colleagues in all departments throughout the company. This position reports to a Regional Vice President of Sales.
WHAT YOUR DAY WILL LOOK LIKE
- Attain and surpass sales goal with the proven ability to "advance" the sale and build customer relationships to maintain and expand market penetration
- Create and execute marketing and strategic territory plans, with excellent organization and follow-through
- Identifies and maximizes client opportunities, promoting the value of Carnegie Learning educational products and services.
- Reviews market analyses, monitors competitive activity and proactively identifies customer needs. Regularly calls on district, school leadership and state departments of education to deliver sales presentations, performance check-ins and identify opportunities to expand the relationship.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to identify and implement customized educational solutions that support each clients business strategies and needs. Prepares and presents recommendations to district or school leadership that are aligned with client expectations and consistent with the Carnegie Learning brand.
- Negotiate agreements for services, programs and pricing within assigned account base.
- Maintain world-class stakeholder management, ensuring top quality communication and alignment of mutual business goals between clients and Carnegie Learning.
- Drives and maintains high customer service levels within assigned account base.
- Work remotely while traveling up to 75% of the time - by ground or air transportation - includes overnight stays
- Performs other duties as assigned or apparent
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR BACKPACK
- Bachelors degree in Education; Masters degree in a job-related area preferred
- Five (5) or more years of experience in education, business development and strategic account management with a record of high performance
- Consultative sales experience in Education Publishing/Ed Tech
- Experience developing and selling complex value propositions
- Experience with leveraging SalesForce.com to guide day-to-day activities preferred
- Demonstrated track record of successful consultative, business-to-business sales or related experience
- Strong research skills and ability to identify client needs
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate professionally, persuasively and confidently over phone, e-mail and in face to face appointments
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively across departments, functions, cultures and time zones
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Highly organized with strong planning and time management skills
- Ability to politically navigate through an organization to interact with key decision makers and other executives
- Strong professional presence and demonstrated ability to present to C-level decision maker
- Exceptional writing and verbal presentation skills
- Proficiency with computers and programs, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite
- Regularly required to stand, walk, and sit; occasionally required to stoop, kneel or crouch; occasionally lifts and/or pushes up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception
WHAT GIVES US PURPOSE
Carnegie Learning is a leading provider of K-12 education technology, curriculum, and professional learning solutions. With the highest quality, research-based offerings for K-12 math, ELA, world languages, and more, Carnegie Learning is changing the way we think about learning and creating powerful results for teachers and students alike. At Carnegie Learning we strive to create an environment where people want to work - one where the larger team comes first, where trying new things (and sometimes failing) is encouraged, and where we pursue our mission relentlessly.
Carnegie Learning is a major disruptive force in the digital curriculum market by combining world-class research, differentiated technology, best in class content together with a world-class mission-oriented team. This is where you come in! Are you ready to do the best work of your career and shape the future of learning?
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- Named a Pittsburgh Top Workplace four years in a row
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Virtual health services
- Basic life and disability insurance offered at no cost
- HSA, FSA, DCSA, and Commuter saving accounts
- 401k with company match
- Employee assistance program
- Pet and Legal services insurance
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- Variable compensation opportunities
- Business casual work environment
- Mission-driven culture
- Flexible working hours, leveraging remote capabilities
WHAT WE BELIEVE
We respect and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics, and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to collectively and more effectively address the issues that face our business and industry. Carnegie Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer.