Coursedog is building a next-generation Operating System for Higher Education. Founded by former Columbia University students, Coursedog is a high-growth SaaS company focused on its mission to break down barriers to opportunity for student. With our recent partnership with JMI Equity and with over 150+ customers, we firmly believe our platform is best situated to improve efficiencies and student outcomes in Higher Education.
A regional sales director (RSD) is an individual contributor role, primarily responsible for acquisition of new customers and servicing our existing customers. RSDs will be responsible for pipeline coverage goals, strategic outbound, and ARR goals in a given territory. Further, you will help align our platform’s use with customers campus goals. RSDs work as an effective liaison between Product, Marketing and Leadership helping to tailor presentations and successfully manage complex deal cycles.
- Drive new bookings by landing net new school logos and expanding our footprint in our install accounts.
- Master product and industry knowledge to make compelling presentations and lead tailored demos.
- Be a diligent researcher with strong discovery stills to understand complex buyer businesses and technical requirements, then translate these into tailored sales presentations that effectively articulate our value, while also mapping it to institutional goals.
- Work as effective internal liaison between Marketing, Product and Leadership helping to continually iterate on our value proposition and provide feedback cycle that drives our product roadmap based on solving clients problems.
- Own RFPs and all client communication in timely manner while effectively articulating our value proposition's
- Responsible for territory pipe coverage and strategic outbound
- Expect 25% travel within territory and participation in company-sponsored events
- You have a proven track record of meeting and surpassing quotas selling B2B Technology solutions
- Looking for a company where you can have a tangible impact on trajectory
- You are passionate about leveraging technology to improve student outcomes
- You want to help change the trajectory of education through technology and always question the status quo
- Ability to plan and execute effective territory mapping and account planning
- You are a strong problem solver and a team player who is always focused on how WE can be better.
- You believe working in a great culture with people you like, admire, and trust is just as important as the work you do
Working at Coursedog
- Healthcare: We pay 99% of your medical, dental, and vision coverage and 75% of the premium for your spouse and/or dependents
- Retirement: We offer a 401k plan on day one of your employment.
- Paid Time Off: We value work-life balance and provide a high amount of autonomy. In service to this, our Paid Time Off policy has no annual limit.
- Remote-First: We value flexible working hours over set hours, results over number of hours, and asynchronous communication focused on transparency over need-to-know access.
- Equity: You’ll be contributing to the team's success, so you deserve to share in it. Every employee on our team gets a meaningful equity allocation.
- Parental Leave: To help support new parents in the workplace, we offer 6 weeks of paid parental leave.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Coursedog is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization and creating an inclusive environment for all.
We value and encourage the contributions of our employees and strive to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential and drive outstanding results. We draw strength from our range of interests, backgrounds, and perspectives
We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. On your application, you will be prompted to inform us If you need any accommodation during this process.
Our mission is to break down barriers to opportunity for students.
Coursedog provides higher ed with modern technology solutions – empowering institutions, students, and communities across the globe.
Coursedog's founding story is rooted in the desire to help students achieve their highest goals. In 2018, Coursedog's co-founders and then college students, Justin Wenig and Nick Diao, were frustrated by how difficult it was to get into the classes they needed to graduate on time. After speaking with higher education provosts and registrars to better understand how academic scheduling works, they came away with a vision that permeates the company today.
Coursedog has raised $113M total capital as a remote-first, hyper-growth startup currently backed by JMI Equity, and with past investments from YC and First Round Capital. We were recently ranked in Forbes top 500 US startup employers
and our employee engagement scores rank in the top 5% of tech companies.