Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
Anthology’s Business & Government Account Executives are responsible for new client acquisition exclusively in the commercial, state, and local markets. They meet and often exceed sales objectives of the assigned territory by promoting and selling the Anthology suite of products and services through a consultative selling approach that effectively aligns the products to customer business objectives while demonstrating a quantifiable value proposition to the customer.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Managing a complex, enterprise solution sales with a 6 to 18 month purchasing cycle as well as moving the sale through the entire sales process
- Taking an active role in the RFP process, and at the conclusion of the sale owning the subsequent relationship with the help of a Client Success Manager
- Making prospecting a part of the regular routine and listening to a prospect’s needs and goals and matching an appropriate Anthology offering as well as targeting and closing “green-field” accounts
- Creating and implementing a market development plan for the designated territory and knowing all Anthology Partner relationships including systems integrators and small businesses and how they relate to our sales
- Staying well-informed about current industry trends and being able to talk intelligently about the commercial, state, and local training and development industries
- Effectively using sales tools including Salesforce to enter all sales information; preparing written presentations, reports, and price quotations
- Attending and participating in sales meetings, product seminars, and trade shows
- Leading all aspects of the sales process including channel activity and contract negotiations and being comfortable working with GSA and similar contract vehicles
- Effectively and efficiently employing Anthology human capital at appropriate stages in the sales cycle while defining and maintaining a sales plan and executing against it
- Developing effective relationships with Sales, Marketing, Product Support, Consulting Services, Channel, Finance, Engineering, and other departments as needed
- This role requires approximately 50% travel
- At least 5 years of experience in direct, complex solution software sales, preferably in the State and Local government markets
- Proficiency in prospecting and developing a greenfield; proven success building a pipeline, moving opportunities through the sales cycle, and proposing, presenting, and discussing solutions with decision-makers
- Experienced in leveraging channel and other partners to meet prospect functionality and/or procurement requirements
- Ability to craft a solution with appropriate products and services that meets business goals based on client discussions
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Knowledge of the eLearning/training/education industry
- Willingness to perform market development initiatives
Base Pay range is $77,000 - $100,000/year plus sales compensation depending upon experience. We use national and industry-specific survey data to assist in determining compensation. Additionally, we consider factors such as external market rate, budget for the role, and the compensation rates of current employees performing the same function. Some roles will have variable pay.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.