Presence is the leading provider of online speech and occupational therapy, behavioral and mental health services, and software for K-12 districts for children with special needs. We are dedicated to ensuring that all students in the preK-12 education system receive the special education related services they need to grow and thrive. We supply exceptional teletherapy tools and software for providers to serve and support students and schools. Founded in 2009, we are a growth stage company backed by Spectrum Equity, TPG’s The Rise Fund, Bain Capital’s Double Impact Fund and Catalyst Investors. We currently have 250+ employees and 2,000+ clinicians working in our network. We are a remote-first workforce with headquarters in NYC, serving schools nationwide.
Why is this role important?
Account Executives are responsible for acquiring new clients. Presence has an unshakable commitment to delighting its clients and improving student outcomes. As such, Account Executives focus on collaborating with special education decision makers to identify program gaps where our telehealth solutions provide the most value. Our Account Executives are known as statewide and regional experts who work in conjunction with schools rather than as pure salespeople.
This is an opportunity to hit a hot, fast-growing market with a new disruptive and best-of-breed technology. If you want to experience an explosive growth start-up and be given the responsibility and challenge of creating a new business, then you belong at Presence.
What will you do at Presence?
- Rapidly build territory through thoughtful, consultative sales that position our clients for success
- Source, develop, and close leads through conferences and marketing generated leads
- Collaborate with our marketing team to drive lead volume in your territory
- Collaborate with your School Partnership Associate (SPA) to drive targeted prospects on a weekly basis
- Conduct virtual meetings through our web-based telehealth platform with special education leaders
- Collaborate with Clinical Account Managers to design telehealth solutions for qualified prospects
- Build and execute comprehensive account plans that factor in the importance of all stakeholders, including special education leaders, administrators, parents, teachers, and other on-the-ground school staff
- Help teammates throughout the Presence organization in a spirit of true partnership
What are we looking for?
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in selling to K-12 school districts or other education entities with a proven track record of success
- Willingness for at least 50% travel time
- Experience with large, complex deals and pipeline management
- Special education experience a plus
- Salesforce experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Supporting Central or Southern California school territories
What will help you succeed in this role?
- Display enthusiasm in all aspects of the position
- Invest in your skill set and are enthusiastic about keeping up with current trends in the marketplace
- You are focused and an avid goal setter
- Handle both wins and rejections with grace
- You share best practices and challenges with your manager and team
- Understand the power of listening and asking the right questions at the appropriate time
- You are competitive by nature and are a collaborative team player
- You will use the sales acceleration tools provided to improve productivity
- You know how to build trust and customer satisfaction
- You are constantly up to date and with the Special Education space and you stay ahead of your game
What are some of the benefits we offer?
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage include Dental and Vision
- Flexible PTO
- 11 Company Paid Holidays
- Benefits Package: including 401K savings plan and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- $500 home office stipend
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Eligibility to apply for a Professional Development Scholarship.
- Inclusive Culture: We are intentional about creating a culture that is fun and inclusive.
This role is also eligible to participate in Presence’s equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies.
An employee’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, and market conditions.
$80,000.00 - $90,000.00
This role is eligible for a 3% - 5% Commission potential based on OTE.
Where is this position located?
- Presence home office is in New York City with our clients located throughout the U.S.
- This is a remote role, but the preferred candidate would reside within the state of California
- The role does include travel up to 50%
- This position will report directly to the Regional, School Partnership Director, West
- All employees commit to be available on-camera for our Core Working Hours noon-5pm EST M-F.