Account Executive - Field
Location: Fully Remote -must reside within territory
Territory: South Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky
The ExploreLearning business unit has an Account Executive Field Sales position available. The Account Executive Field position is responsible for achieving assigned sales goals for math and science curriculum products (Gizmos/Reflex/Science4Us/Frax) within an assigned territory. Primary responsibilities include: new account development (may necessitate large group presentations, requiring the coordination of various groups of people, product knowledge, public speaking skills, and the use of various pieces of equipment for giving demonstrations), service and growth of existing customers: Various reports to include sales forecasting, sales reports, gap analyses and strategic plans.
- Develop strategy to autonomously manage all business, new and renewals, for a specific geographic territory
- Achieve quarterly and annual revenue targets by expanding existing business and developing new business
- Deliver sales presentations on math and science products to high-level decision makers with the ability to persuade and close business
- Travel to customer accounts and/or trade conferences as needed
- Improve product knowledge and selling skills by attending all sales meetings and training sessions
- Maintain accurate sales pipeline, customer database records, and up-to-date sales forecasts
- Deliver complete and accurate paperwork in a timely manner
- Be informed of funding opportunities in assigned territory and keep districts and management updated on critical deadlines
- Develop and maintain a positive business relationship with management and other ExploreLearning associates
- Work closely with professional development associates to increase product usage in existing accounts
- Collaborate with manager and account manager to increase market penetration in territory
- Must have Bachelor Degree or Higher
- Successful experience selling to the K-12 Education Market
- Must possess negotiation and persuasion skills
- Ability and willingness to travel-up to 30-50%
- Self-assurance and self-motivation
- Organization skills and attention to details
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- An obsession with customer service and quality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to review and make decisions under stressful conditions, and have the ability to work unsupervised and within partnerships
- Candidate must reside in territory
Preferred Job Requirements:
- Experience or background in education with focus on Math or Science
- Knowledge of on-line curriculum products and services
- Possess Math, Science and/or Technology contacts in territory
- Understanding of the K-12 market
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel
Why Work With Us?
In addition to competitive salaries and generous benefits, ExploreLearning offers an exciting and dynamic working environment in which creativity, teamwork and professional growth are valued and rewarded. Our award-winning online programs bring engaging and effective instructional strategies to K-12 classrooms around the world. Over the course of the last 20+ years, we’ve received numerous awards from some of the worlds most respected education organizations, and were recently named one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia.
Our office is based in historic downtown Charlottesville, Virginia, located approximately 100 miles southwest of Washington, D.C., and consistently rated one of America’s best places to live. The area offers a wide variety of business, cultural, historical, educational and sport-related attractions.
To learn more about our organization and the exciting work we do, visit us online.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
We are dedicated to fostering a culture that celebrates unique backgrounds, ideas, and experiences. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.