Coursedog is building a next-generation Operating System for Higher Education. Founded by former Columbia University students, Coursedog is a high-growth SaaS company focused on its mission to break down barriers to opportunity for student. With our recent partnership with JMI Equity and with over 150+ customers, we firmly believe our platform is best situated to improve efficiencies and student outcomes in Higher Education.
As an Account Manager at Coursedog, you will be responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with clients, ensuring their success and satisfaction with Coursedog products and services. You will serve as a trusted advisor and advocate, collaborating closely with clients to understand their needs, address their challenges, and drive adoption and expansion of Coursedog solutions.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for assigned institutional clients, fostering long-term relationships and becoming their trusted advisor.
- Ownership of upsell and expansion opportunities as you lead the organization along the maturity curve.
- Understand clients' strategic goals, challenges, and pain points, and proactively offer tailored solutions that align with their objectives.
- Conduct regular check-ins with clients to assess their satisfaction, identify opportunities for improvement, and provide ongoing support.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including Product, Implementations and Support, to ensure seamless implementation, onboarding, and ongoing service delivery.
- Manage contract renewals process proving 12 month rolling forecasts to board.
- Monitor client usage and adoption metrics, identify patterns or trends, and provide data-driven insights to drive upsell opportunities.
- Identify and resolve client issues or concerns promptly, escalating to appropriate teams when necessary, and ensuring timely resolution.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, market developments, and competitive landscape to effectively position Coursedog's value proposition to clients.
- Proven experience as an Account Manager or similar role in the education technology industry, preferably working with colleges and universities.
- Previous responsibility for a sales quota.
- Strong understanding of higher education administrative processes, academic scheduling, and curriculum management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build rapport, influence, and negotiate with stakeholders at various levels.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to interpret data, metrics, and user feedback to drive informed decisions and strategic recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple client accounts simultaneously, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Working at Coursedog
- Healthcare: We pay 99% of your medical, dental, and vision coverage and 75% of the premium for your spouse and/or dependents
- Retirement: We offer a 401k plan on day one of your employment.
- Paid Time Off: We value work-life balance and provide a high amount of autonomy. In service to this, our Paid Time Off policy has no annual limit.
- Remote-First: We value flexible working hours over set hours, results over number of hours, and asynchronous communication focused on transparency over need-to-know access.
- Equity: You’ll be contributing to the team's success, so you deserve to share in it. Every employee on our team gets a meaningful equity allocation.
- Parental Leave: To help support new parents in the workplace, we offer 6 weeks of paid parental leave.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Coursedog is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization and creating an inclusive environment for all.
We value and encourage the contributions of our employees and strive to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential and drive outstanding results. We draw strength from our range of interests, backgrounds, and perspectives
We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. On your application, you will be prompted to inform us If you need any accommodation during this process.
Our mission is to break down barriers to opportunity for students.
Coursedog provides higher ed with modern technology solutions – empowering institutions, students, and communities across the globe.
Coursedog's founding story is rooted in the desire to help students achieve their highest goals. In 2018, Coursedog's co-founders and then college students, Justin Wenig and Nick Diao, were frustrated by how difficult it was to get into the classes they needed to graduate on time. After speaking with higher education provosts and registrars to better understand how academic scheduling works, they came away with a vision that permeates the company today.
Coursedog has raised $113M total capital as a remote-first, hyper-growth startup currently backed by JMI Equity, and with past investments from YC and First Round Capital. We were recently ranked in Forbes top 500 US startup employers
and our employee engagement scores rank in the top 5% of tech companies.