Articulate is looking for a Commercial Account Executive to join our amazing team. As a Commercial Account Executive, you will be calling on customers and prospects in our Mid Market (>2500 - 25,000 employees) segment. Success will be achieved by having productive interactions with customers and prospects that lead to Articulate revenue and happy customers.
You thrive in an environment with tons of autonomy, love a high-volume, fast-paced environment, and work well as part of a team that is laser-focused on providing an outstanding experience for Articulate customers & prospects, as well as, internal colleagues.
What you'll do:
- Manage pipeline by proactively leading prospects through the sales process using MEDDPICC & Challenger Sales methodologies
- Develop and execute strategies for acquiring net-new customers and grow Articulate revenue in existing customers in your assigned territory
- Develop a deep understanding of Articulate 360 and demonstrate competency around other Articulate product
- Take control of the sales process by understanding prospect pain points, challenging prospect assumptions, creating constructive tension, providing commercial teaching, and closing Articulate 360 sales
- Teach prospects about their industries and offer unique insights that cause prospects to think differently about their business
- Conduct needs analysis with prospects and provide product demonstrations that solve the needs of the prospect
- Use insights and consultative selling techniques to teach prospects about their industry and offer unique perspectives on their business, linking back to Articulate solutions
- Create quarterly territory plans that outline your outbound and inbound strategy
- Create sales quotes, negotiate with prospects, and explain Articulate subscription options that meet the needs of prospective customers
- Meet (and exceed) revenue goals
- Work cooperatively with other Articulate teams to deliver an exceptional customer experience
- Keep current with existing and new apps as well as industry trends
- Available during requested business hours, Monday - Friday to respond to incoming sales inquiries (unless prior approval from management has been given)
- Other sales duties as assigned
What you should have:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a sales or business development role
- Minimum 2 years of experience with cold outreach and cold calling, where you’ve had success of creating and closing self-sourced business
- Solid computer skills, including experience with Salesforce and/or Outreach
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through, with the ability to handle and prioritize high-volume activities without letting anything fall through the cracks
- Ability to tailor communication to the prospect’s needs with authority and has strong verbal and written communication skills
- Independence at managing personal sales pipeline, and other duties as assigned or time allows
- A can-do, positive attitude
- Positive, energetic phone presence
- Thoughtfulness and be a trustworthy doer
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience
You're the ideal candidate if:
- Knowledge of the SaaS Software industry, as well as experience with Salesforce.com, Outreach, ZoomInfo, LinkedIn SalesNavigator
- Familiarity with the e-learning space and the product offerings for authoring tools and learning management systems
- Fundamental understanding of MEDDPICC methodology
- Worked in a remote environment
The total pay range, inclusive of base salary, commissions and bonus, for this position is $100,514 to $150,770 for all US locations. Articulate takes into consideration a wide range of factors that are utilized in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, qualifications and education, and other business and organizational needs. Articulate also offers a robust suite of benefits, check out the website
for a full list.
Articulate Global, LLC, is the leading SaaS provider of creator platforms for online workplace training. Founded by Adam Schwartz in 2002, Articulate provides creator tools and services that make it simple for enterprises and SMBs to develop, deliver, and analyze online workplace training that’s engaging and effective.
Increasingly, organizations must reskill employees for ever-changing remote and hybrid work environments, create learning cultures that attract and retain employees in a tight labor market, and use training to build more equitable, empowering, and engaging workplaces. Articulate helps organizations address these critical business needs with its creator platform for workplace training. Articulate 360—a suite of creator tools for online courses—was named the 7th most-loved product in the world by TrustRadius in 2021. And Rise
—an all-in-one online training system that makes online training easy to create, enjoyable to take, and simple to manage—is the first creator platform for SMBs and departments within the enterprise. Articulate has more than 118,000 customers in 170 countries and counts all 100 of the Fortune 100 companies as customers.
Named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces 2022 and a leader in building a human-centered organization
, Articulate is guided by a commitment to provide the best value to customers, do right by employees, and create an equitable, empowering workplace for all. As a human-centered organization, we honor people’s humanity knowing that each person’s unique history, vulnerabilities, and social location inform how we show up with one another. We embrace our connectedness, aware that what we do and say impacts others. We give each other grace because we are all works in progress, learning and evolving every day. And we take responsibility for ourselves and are serious about our accountability to each other. In all we do, we strive to create an equitable, sustainable, and empowering workplace while we drive results for the business and make a positive impact in the world. Read more about our values here
Articulate welcomes different voices and viewpoints and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, native language, pregnancy status, physical size, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applicants to voluntarily disclose their race and gender on our application form to help us create a diverse company. This voluntarily disclosed information will not be shared with any hiring manager and will be kept in confidence by the Articulate human resources department and executives who are not hiring for this position.
(For information about Articulate's privacy practices, please view our Privacy Notice)