The Engineering Manager is the manager of a small to mid-sized team. They are comfortable with management practices and are strong project managers. As a leader, they ensure that they are tracking the team's efficiency and quality of work, they assist in regularly adjusting processes and timelines to ensure high quality work is delivered.
The Engineering Manager may spend less time writing code but there is an expectation that they still engage mostly in technical deliverables such as bug fixes and feature development, without blocking or slowing down the progress of their team. More than writing code, they hold responsibility for identifying bottlenecks in the process and roadblocks to success for their team and clearing these roadblocks.
What you'll do:
- Lead a cross-functional team in the implementation of complex features and services
- Mentor and provide career guidance to the engineers on your team
- Collaborate with peers, within and outside the team, to help develop a long-term vision for our engineering practices and tooling.
- Consistently lead teams to deliver compelling products, features and services. Providing transparent updates, timeline estimates, and demos along the way
- Participate in defining and fulfilling the engineering hiring plan for the team, including screening and interviewing
- Help ensure that our coding standards and patterns are observed by participating in design discussions, testing and code reviews
- You'll assist our support team and operations team in triaging and resolving production issues, including participating in on-call rotation
- 1:1s and performance discussions with team members
What you should have:
- 3 years of engineering management experience leading productive, high functioning teams. You can describe why these teams were high functioning and what you specifically did to ensure engineers felt productive
- You write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you and you don't shy away from difficult and constructive conversations with your team
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval - and have applied these at significant scale.
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship or work experience.
- You are a thoughtful, trustworthy, doer
The pay range for this position is $168,700 to $253,100 for all US locations. Articulate takes into consideration a wide range of factors that are utilized in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, qualifications and education, and other business and organizational needs.
This position is also bonus eligible. Articulate also offers a robust suite of benefits, check out the website
for a full list.
Articulate Global, LLC, is the leading SaaS provider of creator platforms for online workplace training. Founded by Adam Schwartz in 2002, Articulate provides creator tools and services that make it simple for enterprises and SMBs to develop, deliver, and analyze online workplace training that’s engaging and effective.
Increasingly, organizations must reskill employees for ever-changing remote and hybrid work environments, create learning cultures that attract and retain employees in a tight labor market, and use training to build more equitable, empowering, and engaging workplaces. Articulate helps organizations address these critical business needs with its creator platform for workplace training. Articulate 360—a suite of creator tools for online courses—was named the 7th most-loved product in the world by TrustRadius in 2021. And Rise
—an all-in-one online training system that makes online training easy to create, enjoyable to take, and simple to manage—is the first creator platform for SMBs and departments within the enterprise. Articulate has more than 118,000 customers in 170 countries and counts all 100 of the Fortune 100 companies as customers.
Named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces 2022 and a leader in building a human-centered organization
, Articulate is guided by a commitment to provide the best value to customers, do right by employees, and create an equitable, empowering workplace for all. As a human-centered organization, we honor people’s humanity knowing that each person’s unique history, vulnerabilities, and social location inform how we show up with one another. We embrace our connectedness, aware that what we do and say impacts others. We give each other grace because we are all works in progress, learning and evolving every day. And we take responsibility for ourselves and are serious about our accountability to each other. In all we do, we strive to create an equitable, sustainable, and empowering workplace while we drive results for the business and make a positive impact in the world. Read more about our values here
Articulate welcomes different voices and viewpoints and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, native language, pregnancy status, physical size, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applicants to voluntarily disclose their race and gender on our application form to help us create a diverse company. This voluntarily disclosed information will not be shared with any hiring manager and will be kept in confidence by the Articulate human resources department and executives who are not hiring for this position.
(For information about Articulate's privacy practices, please view our Privacy Notice)