Biochemistry Professor - Content Writer
UWorld is seeking a Content Developer with subject matter expertise in Biochemistry to join our growing organization. The Content Developer will work closely with an onsite team of fellow chemists and contribute to our web-based MCAT Question Bank. This is a great opportunity to partner with some of the brightest minds in education within a collaborative environment and continue to shape UWorld's success story.
Minimum education required
- Master's degree in Biochemistry or Biological Chemistry required; PhD preferred
- Undergraduate/Graduate GPA of 3.6 or higher
Minimum experience required
- Strong scientific writing background in Biochemistry
- Research experience in Biochemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, Biomedical Chemistry, Biophysical Chemistry, or any other field of chemistry related to biology or medicine (2+ years)
- Biochemistry teaching experience at the undergraduate/graduate level (2+ years)
- Passion for education and learning
- Effective problem-solving skills and acute attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think strategically and analytically and execute conceptual ideas into a finished product while meeting deadlines
- Proven history of working independently while operating within a team environment
- Ability to provide, receive, and respond to feedback positively
- Ability to adapt quickly, brainstorm, multi-task, and collaborate in a team setting
- Proficient in MS Office/working knowledge of IT
- Proven ability to write high-quality MCAT-level questions and rationales
Reports to the Manager of MCAT Product Development and writes content for the online MCAT Question Bank.
- Writes MCAT Biochemistry passages and questions with comprehensive rationales
- Works closely with editing and scientific illustration teams to create exceptional content that adheres to UWorld standards
- Applies knowledge that reflects standardized exam content and practices for generation of test questions
- Collaborates with management and team members during peak periods of new content development to ensure goals and deadlines are met
- Uses constructive feedback to validate the accuracy and relevance of content written by other team members
- Participates in ongoing performance evaluation of current test items in the question bank
- Collaborates with management and team members during peak periods of content revision to ensure that all deadlines are met
- Works with IT and other support teams to troubleshoot exam development issues that may arise
- Recognizes and champions the integrity and security of question bank content and proprietary assets
- Responds quickly to address user feedback and makes necessary edits to question bank content
- Communicates effectively with quality assurance team to resolve technical issues related to content in a timely manner
Compensation and benefits
- We offer a competitive compensation package that’s contingent on experience, including yearly bonus opportunities.
- We advocate utilizing your paid time off that is allotted on a sliding scale according to hire date and work hours.
- We are excited about our generous paid holiday schedule, which includes the entire week of Christmas off.
- We have a comprehensive benefits package including medical, vision, and dental with low copay, as well as life and disability insurance.
- We offer a 401(K) plan with 5%-employer matching (eligibility after 90 days of employment).
- We offer twice daily onsite group fitness classes and a relaxed work environment.
At UWorld, we believe strength is derived from the talents, ideas, and experiences of a diverse workforce. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other protected class. UWorld is proud to be an equal opportunity employer providing a drug-free workplace. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.