At InStride, we’re pioneering a new approach to workforce education. Our mission is to enable employers to provide life-changing education to their employees in partnership with the highest-quality global academic institutions. We unlock business and social impact to transform companies and people for the future.
We believe that a company’s richest resource is their employees, and that investments in people yield the highest returns for individuals, businesses, and society as a whole. That’s why every InStride employee is eligible to enroll in 1,700+ online certificate and degree programs through our Step Forward program. Unlike traditional tuition reimbursement programs, InStride covers your tuition upfront, regardless of your course of study, degree type, or school. The Step Forward program, along with InStride’s best-in-class employee benefits
, are available to all employees from the day they join InStride.
Read further to see how you can be part of the movement to drive businesses and society forward through life-changing, best-in-class workforce education.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Business Development Representative who wants to join our fast-growing Corporate Partnerships team and bring life changing education to the workforce.
- Identify new opportunities and help progress them through the sales pipeline.
- Work closely with sales executives to develop and implement prospecting strategies.
- Engage in prospecting efforts including but not limited to handling inbound calls and emails, cold calling, online chat, and face to face meetings.
- Participate in industry events and conferences to build relationships with prospective corporate partners.
- Conduct discovery calls with qualified prospects as assigned with the ability to articulate the client’s need and opportunity for change.
- Takes a consultative sales approach by understanding the industry trends, the business's objectives, and how to leverage our offerings to the business needs.
- Able to conduct research on prospective client business and synthesize the research into effective internal and external communication using various media types; such as PowerPoint, Word, and PDF writers.
- Collaborate with the Sales team to help develop and execute on the strategic plans to further cultivate network growth.
- Strategize with team members to innovate & improve the overall BDR process.
- Travel as needed to industry events and client meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, or experience in lieu of education.
- 1+ years of business-to-business sales or customer success experience
- Has a passion and strong curiosity to understand “how things work” while developing an eye for business.
- Creativity to connect what we do to how our clients are aspiring to change.
- Tenacious and resilient in creating initial relationships with new prospective clients.
- Ability to nurture and deepen relationships built during early prospecting through complex and long sales cycles.
- Demonstrated ability to perform effective discovery conversations with complex enterprise clients.
- Self-motivated and organized, with the desire to work in a fast-paced and exciting environment with peers who challenge you to be better
- Stellar communication skills with the ability to align with compelling prospect needs.
- Excited by the challenge of building a world-class business that delivers not only a high return on investments but also has meaningful impact on society
- High EQ, comfortable with ambiguity and has a “no job too small” startup mentality.
InStride is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please discuss your requested accommodation with our HRBP.
Effective November 1, 2021, all new hires must be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation. If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved by the People & Talent team in writing.
Our base compensation amount for this role is targeted at $50,700 - $65,000/yr. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.