At Watermark, we partner with institutions of higher education to improve student learning and institutional quality with proven, reliable, and user-friendly assessment management and e-portfolio solutions and supporting services. Watermark is a recognized leader in student assessment, portfolio and accreditation. We serve over 1,700 institutions and close to a million students across the country.
Watermark is a high-growth SaaS provider of assessment software for higher education institutions worldwide. Our global organization provides educational intelligence systems that help colleges and universities gain insights into student learning so they can improve the quality of educational programs, assess institutional effectiveness, and streamline the accreditation process. Watermark supports over 1,700 higher education institutions, including the majority of the top 200 U.S. News & World Report colleges. There is a reason we’ve won EdTech’s Overall Higher EdTech Solution of the Year!… and we’re just getting started! Our phenomenal team of people is at the heart of everything we do — join us to experience the Watermark Workplace difference firsthand.
About the Role
Watermark is recruiting top Business Development professionals to take the organization to the next level. We invest heavily in employee development training and sales resources and provide opportunities for career progression into sales, marketing, customer success, support, and implementation. The Business Development Representative (BDR) is a strategic member of the sales team who is responsible for identifying and nurturing sales opportunities. Their goal is to uncover qualified sales opportunities where Watermark has a strong chance of winning the business. This is a challenging, exciting role that will challenge your sales skills, strategic thinking capabilities, and ability to remain focused and follow-through on plans. You won’t be alone; we will provide the tools, raw data, training, coaching, and a fantastic team to help you be successful. If you have a strong work ethic, “want to win” attitude, and a track record of achievement this is the position for you!
- Create and uncover sales opportunities in both new and existing customer accounts through well-planned demand generation efforts.
- Identify a customer’s business needs and articulate how Watermark’s solutions can address those needs
- Collaborate with the rest of the sales team on account strategy, demand generation activities, execution plans and results
- Make extensive use of outbound calling and web tools to generate customer interest, provide a targeted value proposition
- Develop and organize in-depth territory and account knowledge including contact information, current product ownership, current and future technology plans and targeted areas of opportunity
- BS or BA degree. Strong business acumen.
- Excited about identifying opportunities and collaborating to win deals. Resilient and doesn’t mind hearing “no”.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Confident, driven, self-starter with strong organizational skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit, likes to try new things, doesn’t like to wait for guidance
- Comfortable in a metrics-driven organization
- Proficient in Office suite products
Watermark is committed to fair and equitable pay practices for all qualified candidates. The pay range for this role is ($50K-60K).
At Watermark we are continually strengthening the rich diversity in our workplace — the primary reason we succeed and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We work together to provide an inclusive hiring experience where all qualified applicants receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neurodiversity, disability, age, veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.