UWorld is currently searching for a talented and competitive Business Development Representative who will be responsible for growing new business opportunities in the UWorld Nursing division. The Business Development Representative will collaborate with the Team Leader in growing the institutional B2B business through direct outreach. The ideal candidate will be an expert relationship manager securing bulk purchase agreements and institutional purchases with universities and colleges within an assigned territory.
Minimum Education Required
- Bachelor's degree in science, marketing, communications, business, or relevant field preferred
Minimum Experience Required
- Must have at least five years outside sales experience in education or publishing.
- Previous sales experience in education or publishing fields a must.
- Ability to travel up to 50% within defined geographic region
- Proven ability to convert prospects and achieve sales quotas
- Experience in qualifying opportunities, account development, and time management
- Comfortable speaking and presenting in front of large groups
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to call, connect, and interact with potential customers
- Aptitude for problem solving and the ability to determine solutions for customers using a consultative sales approach
- Outstanding organizational abilities with adaptive and collaborative mindset
- Persuasive and goal-oriented
Job Duties (Including but not limited to)
- New Account Development
- Research potential sales opportunities within assigned region to target key contacts
- Source new sales opportunities through cold calling institutional prospects from new and existing leads
- Work in collaboration with Customer Care team to process quotes and close sales
- Prospect and build a sales pipeline via multiple mediums (email, phone, trade show leads, and inbound website leads)
- Call into institutional prospects from new and existing leads
- Set up email campaigns to source additional leads and inquiry opportunities
- Manage all post-sales activities, provide support to new customers, and ensure year-over-year retention of university and college relationships
- Work in coordination with sales and marketing team to communicate and document market insight, feedback, and customer takeaways
- Prioritize meetings with decision makers and conduct on-site presentations and sales demos
- Conduct webinar presentations to student groups
- Attend conferences and tradeshows to interact with B2C and B2B prospects
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail managing all respective sales activities (notes, follow-ups, emails, call logs)
- Meet monthly and quarterly goals set based on goals set for new sales revenue
- Team Collaboration
- Work in tandem with Marketing team to maintain customer data and market insights
- Adapt with growing company
- Demonstrates accountability and responsibility by independently completing projects/assignments on time holding self and others accountable for meeting objectives and adhering to standards.
- Pursues opportunities for personal growth and development through meetings and educational programs
Compensation and Benefits
- Paid time off (based on sliding scale according to hire date and work hours)
- Generous paid holiday schedule
- Comprehensive benefits package (medical, vision, dental, life, disability)
- 401(k) plan for retirement with 4% employer matching (eligibility after 90 days of employment)
At UWorld, we believe strength is derived from the talents, ideas, and experiences of a diverse workforce. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other protected class. UWorld is proud to be an equal opportunity employer providing a drug-free workplace. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.