Business Development Representative Team Lead
Virtual Req #161
Thursday, January 5, 2023
At Watermark, we partner with institutions of higher education to improve student learning and institutional quality with proven, reliable, and user-friendly assessment management and e-portfolio solutions and supporting services. Watermark is a recognized leader in student assessment, portfolio and accreditation. We serve over 1,700 institutions and close to a million students across the country.
Business Development Representative Team Lead
Watermark is recruiting an experienced and top performing Business Development Representative to take the next step in their career as a BDR Team Lead.This role is a Player/Coach that guides a team of business Development Representatives as they identify and nurture new sales opportunities. In addition to managing their own small territory, the BDR Team Lead will be responsible for the day-to-day oversight of the team.
Overall the goal is to uncover qualified sales opportunities where Watermark has a strong chance of winning the business. This is a challenging, exciting role will test your sales skills, strategic thinking and introduce you to a leadership opportunity.
Watermark invests heavily in onboarding and will provide the tools, data, training and coaching to help you be successful.
Create and uncover sales opportunities in both new and existing customer accounts through well-planned demand generation efforts
- Identify a customer’s business needs and articulate how Watermark’s solutions can address those needs
- Collaborate with the rest of the sales team on account strategy, demand generation activities, execution plans and results
- Make extensive use of outbound calling and web tools to generate customer interest and provide a targeted value proposition
- Develop and organize territory and account knowledge including contact information, current product ownership, current and future technology plans and targeted areas of opportunity
- Monitor daily work and outcome metrics for a team of 4 BDRs
- Assist BDRs in overcoming objections and strategies for effective calling
- Motivate team members to achieve opportunity creation goals
The BDR Team Lead position reports to either the Senior Director or Vice President of Sales.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum 3-5 years as a successful BDR
- Experience in Saas business development
- Experience in edTech a plus
- Excited about connecting with prospects and selling
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in developing leadership skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- High level of integrity
- Confident, driven, self-starter with strong organizational skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit, likes to try new things
- Comfortable in metrics driven organization
- Proficient in Office suite products
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with Outreach or Salesloft a plus
Watermark’s mission is to put better data into the hands of administrators, faculty, and students everywhere to empower them to connect information and gain insights into learning that will drive meaningful improvements. Through its innovative educational intelligence system, Watermark supports over 1,700 institutions around the world in developing an intentional approach to learning so that they can leverage data for a more holistic view of learning, faculty and staff impact, and institutional quality.
Watermark is committed to strengthening the rich dimensions of diversity in our workplace and to offering an inclusive hiring experience. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
We are committed to providing an excellent interview experience for all qualified candidates with disabilities and creating a space where there is reasonable accommodation within the interview process. To request an accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
to make a request in advance of your interview.
Watermark’s mission is to put better data into the hands of administrators, faculty, and students everywhere to empower them to connect information and gain insights into learning that will drive meaningful improvements. Through its innovative educational intelligence system, Watermark supports over 1,600 institutions around the world in developing an intentional approach to learning so that they can leverage data for a more holistic view of learning, faculty and staff impact, and institutional quality.
For more information on Watermark, visit www.watermarkinsights.com
Watermark is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against an individual based on the individual's race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic or activity.