Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,000 people.
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students
To enable Great Minds growth in 2023 and broaden our impact to students, we are creating a new sales team focused on Business Development. We are seeking an experienced sales manager to build this team from the ground up.
This team will drive new business for Great Minds curricula in K12 schools. Specifically, this team will support growth for PhD Science and Geodes. PhD Science is a hands-on K-5 Science program and Geodes are knowledge-building book sets for emerging readers. Your team will be at the front lines of the sales process growing the top of our sales funnel while collaborating with the Inside Sales Team on strategy.
The Business Development Team Manager (BDTM) will report to Inside Sales and Services Director and play an active role in achieving the organizational mission of Great Minds.
- Recruit, hire, manage, and grow the BDR team (up to 10 BDRs) with ongoing mentorship, coaching and development.
- Create sales playbooks, phone/email templates, processes to ensure the team is focused on driving new business through prospecting
- Develop and implement business plans to meet established sales performance goals
- Create the CRM workflow to achieve new business goals for both print and digital materials
- Help to define performance metrics for team and own ongoing reporting for team and individuals
- Research and develop methods to increase new customer leads
- Provide continuous feedback through coaching, one on ones, and performance management
- 5+ years of Sales experience
- 1+ year of a proven track record of managing a team focused on prospecting for new business
- Bachelor's Degree
- Proven experience executing sales goals and metrics for measuring success
- Experience in recruiting, selecting, training, developing and motivating a diverse team of sales representatives
- Highly organized and process driven
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Salesforce and activity metrics management experience needed
- Education Industry background a plus
Farmington Hills (Hybrid - 2x in-office days a week)
New employees will be required to successfully complete a background check.
Any communication to applicants relating to the Great Minds hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domains greatminds.org
. If in the course of the application or hiring process with Great Minds you are contacted through another domain, are requested to provide banking or other sensitive information, or you note any other suspicious activity, please contact email@example.com
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.