Our Mission and Opportunity
Early education is one of the greatest determinants of childhood outcomes, is a must for working families, and has a lasting social and economic impact. Brightwheel’s vision
is to enable high quality early education for every child — by giving teachers meaningfully more time with students each day, engaging parents in the development of their kids, and supporting the small businesses that make up the backbone of the $175 billion early education market. Brightwheel is the most loved technology brand in early education globally, trusted by thousands of educators and millions of families.
We are a fully remote team with employees across every time zone in the US. Our team is passionate, talented, and customer-focused. Our exceptional investor group includes Addition, Bessemer Venture Partners, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GGV Capital, Lowercase Capital, Emerson Collective, and Mark Cuban.
We believe that everyone—from our employees to the students, teachers, and administrators we serve— should be given the opportunity to learn and thrive, whatever their background may be. We celebrate diversity in all forms because it allows our team and the communities we serve to reach their full potential and do their best work.
Who you are
Brightwheel is seeking a Manager to join the Business Operations team. This Manager will support the growth of Experience Curriculum, our newly launched curriculum and assessment solution. You will be responsible for driving strategic initiatives across the business, and be expected to deliver extraordinary results. You will help shape the future of Brightwheel's education product, and you will have a direct impact on how hundreds of thousands of children learn each day.
To thrive in this role, you will have excellent business acumen and communication skills. You enjoy working with cross-functional partners. You love tackling complex problems and developing and implementing data-driven solutions. You thrive in the pace of change at high growth tech startups. Most importantly, you are a curious individual who loves diving deep into a wide range of challenges and opportunities.
What you'll do
- Partner with senior leaders across the company to drive the most critical initiatives: Partner with Education leadership as well as cross-functional stakeholders in Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, Finance, and Product to drive the most impactful initiatives for the business across the entire customer journey. Example projects include everything from leading inventory forecasting, to designing our customer retention strategy, to supporting our Curriculum and Product teams in defining our roadmap.
- Synthesize large sets of data to derive insights and guide decision-making: Dive deep into the numbers to identify the root cause behind trends in the business. Synthesize your findings into scenarios and options for the business to pursue. Align decision makers around a clear recommendation, and quickly drive to action.
- Innovate new Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs): Take your work from an idea, to an MVP, and ultimately to a sustainable framework and SOP that the business can implement. You will embed new ways of working across teams that enable us to operate more efficiently and effectively in this new business line.
- Help define prioritization and goals: Participate and drive cyclical business planning and OKR setting. Be the “right hand” to our Education leadership to help define where the business should focus its resources.
Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
- 4+ years of work experience at a top management consulting firm or operations role
- Experience in or knowledge of retail/physical goods required
- Strong stakeholder and project management skills to effectively influence and manage expectations with Senior Management and cross-functional teams
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to digest complex data and present findings in a clear manner that drives decision making and outcomes; experience with financial and strategic modeling. SQL a plus
- Strong listening skills; ability to understand the “why” and get to what matters quickly
- Desire to learn - You’ll often be answering questions that have never been answered before, which requires a high level of intellectual curiosity and an eagerness to dive into new problems, domains, tools, and techniques
$109,000 - $169,000 a year
Brightwheel is committed to internal pay equity and offers a competitive compensation package, including base salary, equity, and benefits. Our benefits package includes premium medical, dental, and vision benefits, generous paid parental leave, a flexible paid time off policy, a monthly wellness and productivity stipend, and a Learning & Development stipend.
For cash compensation, brightwheel sets standard ranges for all roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar-stage growth companies. Multiple factors determine final offer amounts, including geographic location, candidate experience, and expertise. If you have questions about the compensation band for your region, please ask your recruiter.
Brightwheel is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.