Unleash YOUR Potential With Us
As a next-generation public research institute, we are an inclusive community of thinkers, doers, creators, innovators, healers, and leaders striving to shape the future and solve the world’s most challenging problems. No matter what your role is, when you join Knight Nation, you’ll play an integral role in pushing us forward to become among the most impactful universities in the country. You’ll be met with opportunities to connect and collaborate with uniquely talented faculty, staff, and students across 13 colleges and multiple campuses and regional locations. That means greater challenges to tackle, more meaningful opportunities to grow, and rewarding experiences that go beyond a paycheck. We’re seeking qualified, motivated individuals who will help UCF fulfill its mission in unleashing the potential of every individual, enriching the human experience through inclusion, discovery, and innovation; and propelling broad-based prosperity for the many communities we serve.
UCF IT is a multi-departmental organization that is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion while serving the UCF community at the highest standards. Being one of the largest university divisions, UCF IT prides itself on being able to adapt and conform to the growing changes in higher education, learning, and research at one of the most innovative universities in the country.
UCF Information Technology (UCF IT) is seeking a Cloud Computing Engineer IV to join the Virtual Infrastructure team and apply their technical expertise to build, secure, and maintain UCF's AWS cloud computing infrastructure. In this role you will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of security posture across AWS, Azure, VMware, and Google Clouds with a focus on software-defined networking and zero-trust architectures.
You will follow and develop documentation and best practices, consult internal customers on new projects and implementations, and participate in technical efforts across multiple teams and departments during new Azure cloud implementations.
- Build, secure and maintain UCF IT and customer initiatives within the UCF AWS cloud environment.
- Provides technical leadership for the firewalling and security posture within UCF public and private cloud environments.
- Following UCF IT technical standards.
- Consulting customers on new projects and implementations.
- Participating in technical efforts across multiple teams and departments during new AWS implementations.
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of relevant experience; or High School Diploma (or equivalent) and 9 years of relevant work experience in lieu of degree.
- Knowledge of AWS and general cloud computing concepts.
- Knowledge of infrastructure automation technologies including Terraform and Ansible.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python.
- Knowledge of version control systems.
- Knowledge of general networking and firewalling concepts.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts both written and verbally.
- Ability to develop technical documentation.
Special Instructions to the Applicants:
This position is open for remote work for any candidates residing within the state of Florida.
Are Benefits Important to You?
Working at UCF has its perks! In addition to helping drive change and having a positive impact by supporting our students, staff, and faculty, UCF offers:
- Benefit packages, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending, and Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off, including annual and sick leave and paid holidays
- Retirement savings options
- Employee discounts, including tickets to many Orlando attractions
- Education assistance
- Flexible work environment
- And more…For more benefits information, go to UCF Employee Benefits Guide (12-14-21)
Who Are We?
Founded in 1963 to fuel the region’s talent pipeline and support the growing U.S. space program, UCF is built to make a better future for our students and society. It’s one of the reasons U.S. News & World Report ranks UCF among the nation’s top 20 most innovative colleges, while Forbes, Kiplinger, and The Princeton Review rank us a best-value university. UCF is one of 14 universities nationwide designated as both a Hispanic-Serving Institution and a Research 1 university. With 13 colleges, including a fully accredited College of Medicine, UCF offers more than 220-degree programs between its main campus, downtown campus, hospitality campus, academic health sciences campus, and 11 UCF Connect centers located throughout the region. In addition, UCF extends its reach to communities in and beyond Central Florida by offering complete, online programs leading to bachelor's degrees, master's degrees, Ph.D.'s., certificates, and more.
Unless explicitly stated on the job posting, it is UCF’s expectation that an employee of UCF will reside in Florida as of the date the employment begins.
Department: UCF IT
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday; 8:00AM - 5:00PM
Type of Appointment: Regular
Expected Salary: $89,076.00 to $111,345.00
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, UCF encourages all qualified applicants to apply, including women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of traditionally underrepresented populations. UCF's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at http//www.oie.ucf.edu/documents/PresidentsStatement.pdf.
As a Florida public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection procedures available to the public upon request.
The University of Central Florida is proud to be a smoke-free campus and an E-Verify employer.