The Commercial Insurance (CI) Instructional Designer of the Insurance Learning Development (ILD) CoE is responsible for designing technical learning material for Commercial Insurance. This role will work with SMEs, CI leaders and CoE Developers to create materials for all levels of learners in Commercial Insurance ensuring the learning is practical, relevant, engaging, and enduring.
This position will report to the CoE Instructional Design & Development Manager.
- Works with business requirements and/or clients to identify learning needs and create effective learning solutions
- Research, analyze, and assimilate information to develop learning solutions that are appropriate for the audience
- Partners with SMEs to design innovative and creative learning material that is appropriate for the learners
- Utilizes business SMEs and CoE resources to stay current on Commercial Insurance initiatives
- Writes learning objectives designed to close learning gaps and address learning needs
- Partners with CoE Developers to identify innovative eLearning solutions designed to engage multiple levels of learners
- Aligns proper learning methodology for the level of the learner and their specific needs
- Works to create the statement of work for various projects and stakeholders
- Writes job-aids and scripts that are aligned with ILD standards.
- Provides support for Facilitation Specialists so they can implement learning material and acts as an SME in virtual classes when needed
- Identifies learning materials that needs to be modified and updated.
- Reviews Chubb Talent Experience (CTX) completion & evaluation reports to determine how material is being received and recommends adjustments to material and curriculum based on findings.
- Populates internal project tracking tools to ensure accurate department reporting
- Deep technical expertise in Commercial Insurance Underwriting is required
- Passion for sharing knowledge with others
- Excellent writing skills – a writing submission will be required during the interview process
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate, analyze, and interpret technical information.
- Strategic thinker; ability to overcome obstacles; takes an organized and logical approach to thinking through problems and complex issues.
- Collaborative team player; proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills; ability to execute on plans, drives for results and takes accountability for outcomes.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion,and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin,ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law.Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.