IXL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by 14 million students worldwide, is seeking an organized and detail-oriented Production Specialist to join our growing Content Production team. In this role, you will focus on converting our written K-12 content into an interactive, online format. By working independently and in collaboration with multiple teams, you will play an integral role in bringing IXL's content and features to life. This role has some technical aspects, so it's important that you are comfortable with web-based technologies.
Please be sure to send a cover letter with your submission so that we can learn more about you.
*This is a full-time entry-level position in our Raleigh, NC office with a hybrid work schedule.*
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Learn the basics of XML and our in-house production and scripting tools
- Take content written by our curriculum design team and format it for use in interactive lessons.
- Rapidly implement edits to ensure our content is of the highest quality
- Participate in additional projects as needed, such as PDF creation, image formatting, audio testing, etc.
- Use your sharp eye for detail and problem-solving savvy to spot and resolve project inconsistencies and questions
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, while consistently producing high-quality work
- Understand our project requirements and use them to create guidelines, processes, and documentation to support a growing team
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in mathematics, English, education or a related field
- Ability to quickly master new guidelines, software, and code; familiarity with HTML, CSS, and/or computer programming preferred
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail is required; prior proofreading/editing experience is preferred
- Creative eye for formatting and design; experience with graphic design is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of excel (e.g. vlookup, concatenate, left/right/mid) is a plus
- Prior coursework in computer programming is a plus
- Passion for improving education through technology
At IXL, we value diversity in age, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, political and religious beliefs, and life experience, and we are proud to promote a work environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work. IXL Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ABOUT IXL LEARNING
IXL Learning is a leading educational technology company on a big mission: creating innovative learning experiences that help all learners reach their full potential. IXL's comprehensive curriculum and insightful analytics help more than 900,000 teachers deliver personalized instruction, and empower over 14 million students to achieve new learning milestones every day.