Job Title Contractor Nursing Content Developer- FNP Prep
Kaplan is one of the world’s largest and most diverse education providers. With 80+ years of history, Kaplan has been a beacon for expanding educational access and a leader in instructional innovation. We help nursing students and nurse practitioners pass their licensing and certification tests.
We are looking for a remote Contractor Nursing Content Developer- FNP Prep who will assist Kaplan's nursing team in developing material to prepare students for the Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) Certification examination. Kaplan’s FNP Prep helps prepare students for the FNP examination while building a strong foundation of clinical knowledge. This is a remote opportunity with flexible hours (up to 20 per week).
The responsibilities of the Contractor will include:
- Writing quiz questions in the style of American Nurse Credentialing Center (ANCC) or American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) examinations.
- Writing or editing content related to pathophysiology, pharmacology, physical assessment, and evidence-informed practice.
- Contributing to suggested study plans or tips for preparing for the FNP certification examination.
- Quality assurance reviews of FNP simulation content.
The candidate must:
- Have excellent command of the English language - both verbal and written
- Possess a DNP or Master’s degree from a nurse practitioner program accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
- One year of clinical experiences a nurse practitioner desired, FNP or Adult-Gerontology (A-GNP)
- Maintain an active RN license
- Have experience tutoring/mentoring/educating nursing students
- Have experience writing multiple-choice questions
- Have exceptional attention to detail, organization skills, and time management skills
- Be highly motivated and take initiative proactively
- Be receptive to feedback, meet deadlines, and take accountability for deliverables
Location Remote/Nationwide, USA
Employee Type Contingent Worker
Job Functional Area Other Admin Staff
Business Unit 00092 Kaplan Health
Kaplan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All positions with Kaplan are paid at least $15 per hour or$31,200 per year for full-time positions. Compensation for specific positions are based on job level, skills, years of experience, and education, among other factors. Additionally, certain positions are bonus or commission eligible. Information regarding benefits can be found here
Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity inspires innovation and growth in the Kaplan community. Kaplan strives to be a model employer for inclusiveness. Not only does Kaplan value its employees for their professionalism and skills, but also for the unique viewpoints they bring to the Organization. Kaplan's employees bring diverse perspectives, ideas
, and backgrounds that give Kaplan a competitive edge in anticipating and exceeding our students' needs in today's global market. Learn more about our culture