UWorld, the global leader in online test prep materials that help students excel on high stakes exams, is seeking a first-rate editor with a wide range of interests and abilities to edit the questions and detailed explanations written by our teams of professional educators and specialists. The successful candidate will edit documents in multiple areas, including a wide array of Advanced Placement exams, SAT/ACT, accounting, and finance.
Are you the ideal person for this position? Here's how we will know
- You are a detail-oriented grammar demon, and proud of it.
- You have a laser-like focus for finding errors in dense manuscripts aimed for specialized audiences, and an ability to identify structural and logical gaps in content written by subject matter experts and to describe them.
- You have at least three years experience editing published educational material with observance of one or more detailed style guides, including at least 2 years of experience editing material related to high school curriculum, accounting, or finance.
- You can excel while juggling multiple tasks in a single day.
- You are a positive person that understands collaboration is crucial to success. At the same time, you're able to stay highly motivated working independently. You give constructive feedback and are a consummate diplomat when writing queries or comments for authors. And you can receive feedback with tact and use that to grow
- You have at least a 4-year degree in linguistics, English, journalism, or in a related field.
- You are disciplined and a motivated professional who is eager to learn and thrive while working on deadline.
- You like to read a lot, and when you're done you like to read some more.
- You can write a cover letter which specifically addresses many of these points.
- You have started to notice the writing and editing missteps in this job post and can confidently address a half dozen or more in your cover letter or in a tracked change version included with cover letter.
Job duties (Including but not limited to)
- Technical/Quality Assurance (80%)
- Edit test questions and explanations for clearness of expression, logical flaws, uniformity of design, and adherence to company style guides in material related to SAT/ACT, AP, CPA, and CFA exams
- Edit materials for grammar, punctuation, clarity, redundancy, and consistency of style
- Consult and collaborate (20%)
- Provide suggestions to authors and other editors for substantive changes
- Helping to establish style and format guides for a variety of editing projects
- Cooperate with other departments (10%)
- Edit related materials in marketing and recruiting as needed
- Ability to take pride in work and give 110% effort
- Applicants must have experience editing educational materials. Corporate communications editors, literary editors, teachers, and/or writers will not be considered.
- This is a full-time position in our beautiful home office located in Dallas, TX.
Compensation and Benefits
- We offer a competitive compensation package that's contingent on experience.
- We advocate utilizing your paid time off that is allotted on a sliding scale according to hire date and work hours.
- We get excited about our generous paid holiday schedule, which includes the entire week of Christmas off.
- We have a comprehensive benefits package including medical, vision, dental, life and disability.
- We offer a 401(K) plan with 5% employer-matching (eligibility after 90 days of employment).
- We offer on-site group fitness classes and a relaxed work environment.
At UWorld, we believe strength is derived from the talents, ideas, and experiences of a diverse workforce. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other protected class. UWorld is proud to be an equal opportunity employer providing a drug-free workplace. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.