, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We work with more than 2,500 institutions to drive transformative change through data-driven insights and best-in-class capabilities. From kindergarten to college to career, EAB partners with leaders and practitioners to accelerate progress and drive results across five major areas: enrollment, student success, institutional strategy, data & analytics, and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I). We work with each partner differently, tailoring our portfolio of research, technology, and marketing and enrollment solutions to meet the unique needs of every leadership team, as well as the students and employees they serve.
At EAB, we serve not only our partner institutions but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their communities. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards
Match, a new EAB product, is a student-centric reverse admissions platform that offers US universities an scalable way to recruit new student populations that are not well supported by the traditional admissions process. EAB currently is focused on expanding its impact through this platform with two student populations – international high school students looking to study in the US (Global Match) and first generation and underserved students domestically (Greenlight Match). This innovative technology and bold vision is at the forefront of innovation in the college access space, and EAB is excited combine these new capabilities with its enrollment expertise and scale to accelerate its impact on the students who are most in need.
This role is also posted at Senior Specialist level; there is one opening for this role.
The Role in Brief:
Specialist, Counselor Engagement, Greenlight & Global Match
The Counselor Engagement Specialist is an important member of the Match team, primarily responsible for building relationships with high school counselors, supporting their onboarding, training users, and maximizing the value of the platform to international high school students.
This position will be based in Richmond, VA or Washington, DC; or open to remote candidates located within the continental United States.
- Provide meaningful support to current and future high school counselor partners or Community Based Organization (CBO) partners, including:
- Onboarding new organizations, providing overviews of our resources
- Be the initial point of contact for new counselors or CBO partners, including responsibility for training new users
- Host onboarding events for students and support creation of Match profiles
- Drive and maximize engagement of the Match platform
- Support efforts surrounding events and virtual programming for counselors, students, and families
- Support broad communication efforts to engage the Global & Greenlight Match communities
- Contribute feedback on counselor and student use of platform to inform product roadmap and development efforts
- Bachelor’s degree. Preferred majors include Education, Business, Marketing, Communications, and the Humanities.
- 2+ years of professional experience - feel free to tell us about related internships, volunteer positions, and/or leadership roles in clubs or organizations.
- Ability to occasionally work flexible hours to accommodate international time zones
- Desire to support the college aspirations of international high school students and first-generation, lower-income, and underrepresented students.
- Familiarity with online content and contact management software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Effective relationship builder who is able to build rapport and act as a trusted advisor
- Effective interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Highly organized, able to prioritize tasks and work under pressure and with minimal supervision
- Strong written and oral communication skills; experience developing compelling presentations and communicating insights to inform and influence.
- An ownership mindset and ready to collaborate and demonstrate a passion for partner satisfaction and retention.
- Knowledge and experience related to the CBO community.
- Commitment to valuing diversity, practicing inclusive behaviors, and contributing to an equitable working and continual learning environment in support of EAB’s DE&I Promise
If you’ve reached this section of the job description and are unsure of whether to apply, please do! At EAB, we welcome diversity of background and experience. We would encourage you to submit an application if this is a role you would be passionate about doing every day.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
- Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.