A pioneer in K–12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products help teachers identify the targeted instruction students need to build a strong foundation in early reading and math. All of our programs provide educators with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of every student. Today, Amplify serves more than 10 million students in all 50 states. For more information, visit amplify.com.
The Curriculum Developer, 9-12 Mathematics will work closely with the 9-12 Curriculum Manager and other 9-12 Curriculum Developers, writing Amplify Desmos math content including Student Edition lessons, Teacher Edition lessons, Assessments, and other ancillary materials. The Curriculum Developer, 9-12 Mathematics will report to the Curriculum Manager, 9-12 Mathematics.
- Participate in print unit planning, which involves the analysis of standards and progression of learning objectives for digital units already created.
- Consider how to meaningfully create print versions of digital units and write/edit/create print versions from digital for multiple mathematical lessons and assessments each week. This includes student edition, teacher edition, assessments, and other ancillary materials.
- Ensure that lessons adhere to the style, formatting, phrasing, and vision per the Amplify Desmos Math Authoring Guide. Ensure that lessons adhere to the authoring templates created at the start of the project with regard to the authoring guidelines, formatting, and strict word and page counts.
- Ensure alignment between student and teacher edition content and all ancillary content.
- Meet on a weekly basis with Curriculum Managers and fellow Curriculum Developers.
- Monitor pace and ensure that it keeps pace with Amplify Desmos Math’s content development and production schedule. Identify and resolve issues and risks in a proactive and professional manner.
- Verify the mathematical correctness of Amplify Desmos Math content and produce content that is mathematically correct.
- Review proofs of print content, providing feedback to the production vendor, making direct edits as appropriate.
- Work effectively on a cross-functional team with diverse priorities, i.e., a Curriculum team comprised of Curriculum Developers, Curriculum Managers, Designers, and Graphers.
- Math expertise through Algebra 1, Geometry, and Algebra 2
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics or mathematics education
- 2+ years of experience working in an educational setting involving high school mathematics (e.g., classroom teaching, editorial publishing, curriculum development, etc.)
- Comfort using Google Docs’ editing and change tracking functions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and respond to changing priorities
- Masters degree in mathematics or mathematics education
- 3+ years of classroom teaching experience in grades 9-12 using problem-based approach
- Experience with MathType
Amplify’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all staff to provide proof of vaccination for in-person meetings unless an approved exemption is provided.
Compensation: The hourly rate for this role is $37.00.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.