Purpose of the position
Reporting to the Manager, Customer Success, you will be responsible for SMART’s Customer Success activities of on-boarding, adoption, advocacy, retention, renewal, refresh and upsell. You will be part of a high-achieving and agile team to successfully improve our software and hardware adoption, drive new business growth through greater advocacy and reference-ability, influence future customer lifetime value through increased customer satisfaction, improve our customer’s overall health scores and enable excellent renewal and strong cross-sell and up-sell results.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with Customer Success Manager team members to execute onboarding, training, renewal, refresh, cross-sell, upsell and other post-sales tactics.
- Work with Customer Success Journey Manager to standardize interventions for each point in journey to deliver meaningful customer engagement through various channels. Customer interventions include:
- Execute customer playbooks for time, event, and value-based interaction throughout the customer lifecycle stages.
- Maintain customer account success plans which outline critical success factors, metrics for success, potential issues, and recommendations for improvement.
- As required, ongoing assessment and update of customer journey maps, review of journey point data and refinement of journey listening points (e.g., usage, satisfaction, etc.). This includes active iteration of customer segmentation, design of high impact contact strategies and identifying continuous improvement in the customer’s journey.
- Manage your portfolio of accounts and become a trusted advisor to our clients.
- Cultivate and nurture customer relationships with key advocates and decision makers by proactively conducting outbound calls to fully understand their processes and requirements, in order to provide outstanding customer service.
- Actively increase solutions and services product knowledge as our offerings evolve to address customer inquiries knowledgably and efficiently and to better serve our ever-changing market.
- Keep informed of industry trends that may impact client requirements.
- Keep informed of SMART and channel partner’s support and service journey and requirements as you bring in the right teams to best serve our end customer needs.
- Drive product adoption and maximize customer retention.
- Assist with new client onboarding including training and best practices.
- Identify and escalate potential solution expansion opportunities.
- Contribute in the creation of external educational content to be shared with clients.
- Follow department procedures and processes to achieve operational, productivity and quality objectives.
- Continuously learn from technology industry and customer success best practices.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and work experience
- Degree in Business, Computer Science/Technology, and/or Marketing or equivalent real-life experience.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in technology industries as a Customer Success Specialist, Account Manager or similar Consulting role ideally in sales account management, customer success and customer service environments.
- A strong passion for technology and empathy for customer with innate ability to drive revenue growth.
- Team-oriented and have a demonstrated ability to work well in a closely-knit team.
- Ability to work cross functionally and outside the organization with strong persuasion, consensus building and negotiation skills.
- A track record of taking initiative, being solution-oriented, and getting up to speed on complicated issues quickly.
- Analytical, problem solving and process-oriented thinking skills.
- Exceptional presentation, written, and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational & time-management skillsDemonstrated experience documenting customer communications within a customer relationship management application.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with high-level attention to detail.
- High computer proficiency: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, Google Analytics, Power BI preferred.
- Proficiency a CRM solution is an asset.
- French would be an asset.
- This position has no direct reports.
- Remote-based role, fast-paced work environment.
At SMART Technologies, privacy is not an afterthought to us. Privacy is at the core of our software design. The result is that privacy is an essential component at the core of our business. To read more about our specific policies, please follow the links below. For more information please review: https://home.smarttech.com/legal/privacy-policy