For other positions, some roles may be based outside of our Denver office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 28 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
At Guild, we uphold our Core Values in everything we do. Our team emphasizes our Core Values in the following ways:
- Nurture A Learner’s Mindset - using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and development areas
- Build Shared Success - building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Be an Owner - holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Create Belonging - recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to our company
Guild is looking for a Data Engineer to build key pieces of our data platform. You will be laying the foundation of data infrastructure at Guild that enables Analytics & Insights, Finance, Marketing, Product and other partners to use our unique datasets to deliver on our mission of unlocking economic opportunity for all through education. Your focus will be on partnering with Architects, Data Engineers, Analysts and Product to build out high quality data pipelines, our data warehouse and data infrastructure.
As a Data Engineer, you will:
- Be a key player in building our future data warehouse, data pipelines and data infrastructure to meet the needs of our large customer base across Guild
- Participate in technical projects within Data Engineering in collaboration with our product engineering teams as well as downstream partners
- Proactively engage with the team and participate in day-to-day activities via our sprints, standups, planning, and retros
- Cultivate an engineering culture that values collaboration, quality, security and empowerment
- Deliver high quality data products in partnership with our Product team and be accountable to multiple teams and partners
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Experience with different data warehouse architecture approaches such as data mesh, data vault, Inmon and Kimball architectures.
- Strong verbal, visual, and written communication skills with the ability to explain approaches to all levels in the organization including key partners and leaders.
- Experience collaborating with engineers in an organization leveraging a domain driven microservice architecture
- Strong data modeling skills and experience building data models for complex businesses
- Experience iteratively building data infrastructure to incrementally deliver value to our customers
- Affinity for forming relationships – respect, communication, inclusion, and recognition are an important part of building software at Guild
- A strong focus on data security and privacy - ideally you have experience working in a regulated industry and with compliance frameworks such as GDPR and CCPA
- Experience with modern data engineering tooling such as Snowflake, Looker, DBT, Airflow, Fivetran, etc.
- A Learner’s Mindset – always be learning and sharing what you learn with others
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $130,000 - $152,500 as well as company stock options.
, we unlock the talent and economic potential of America’s workforce for employees and their companies. We partner with the nation’s largest employers—including Walmart, Chipotle, Discover, Hilton, Macy’s, Target, and The Walt Disney Company—to create cultures of opportunity that help them attract and retain top talent, while building the workforce of the future from within. By using our proprietary Career Opportunity Platform to develop education and learning programs that work in the real-world, thousands of employees at those companies have gained the skills, knowledge, and guidance they need to build a brighter future for themselves and their families—all without paying for tuition or career services on their own.
Guild is female-founded and a certified B Corp
. The company has been named to the TIME100 Most Influential Companies of 2022 list, CNBC Disruptor50 list three years in a row, Inc. Best Led Companies list, Fast Co. World Changing Ideas list and the B Lab Best for the World list among many others.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- Open vacation policy for employees to rest and recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 12 weeks of parental leave for non-birthing parents and 18-20 weeks for birthing parents; 4-week ramp-up period for when employees return from a leave of 6 weeks or more; as well as employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, fertility and caregiving benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including free and low cost mental health resources and financial wellbeing support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. As of February 1, 2022, we will be expanding our in-person vaccination requirement to include booster shots. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions fcan be requested for medical or religious reasons.