New York Institute of Technology's six schools and colleges offer undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree programs in in-demand disciplines including computer science, data science, and cybersecurity; biology, health professions, and medicine; architecture and design; engineering; IT and digital technologies; management; and energy and sustainability. A nonprofit, independent, private, and nonsectarian institute of higher education founded in 1955, it welcomes nearly 8,000 students worldwide.
The university has campuses in New York City and Long Island, New York; Jonesboro, Arkansas; and Vancouver, British Columbia, as well as programs around the world. Nearly 110,000 alumni are part of an engaged network of physicians, architects, scientists, engineers, business leaders, digital artists, and healthcare professionals. Together, the university’s community of doers, makers, healers, and innovators empowers graduates to change the world, solve 21st-century challenges, and reinvent the future.
New York Institute of Technology seeks a dynamic Digital Content Writer as part of a fast-paced institutional Strategic Communications team responsible for advancing the message and mission of New York Institute of Technology through its audience-driven website, portal content, email communications, and other communication platforms. Fully remote or hybrid-remote, this position is part of New York Tech’s Strategic Communications (SC) group and reports to the Web Content Editor.
The Digital Content Writer will have at least 2-3 years of experience in a similar role and work in close collaboration with other strategic communicators, designers, front-end developers, project managers, and stakeholders throughout the university.
- Develop, write, proofread, and copyedit content across a variety of digital channels and assist, as necessary, in the copyediting of other editorial and marketing collateral.
- Refresh existing web content on a regular schedule and as requested by internal clients.
- Work on multiple projects at a time, using strong communication skills to manage expectations appropriately.
- Review and copyedit stakeholder-submitted content to ensure consistency in voice, grammar, spelling, and style in adherence to New York Tech editorial style guide.
- Input and edit content in CMS and other digital communication platforms, as necessary.
- Source appropriate on-brand images in close collaboration with creative team (for calendar entries, web pages, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (or equivalent) required.
- 2-3 years of proven work experience as a content writer, copywriter or similar role
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to manage time efficiently and effectively while delivering excellent service to internal clients.
- Ability to build productive relationships with faculty, staff, and others, including students.
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems such as WordPress, ExpressionEngine, or a comparable CMS platform, as well as with various digital asset management systems.
- Basic HTML coding and familiarity with Delivera, MonkeyChimp, or other email campaign platforms.
New York Institute of Technology offers numerous opportunities to enhance personal and professional growth and provides employees with a competitive compensation and benefits program inclusive of generous paid time off, holidays, tuition remission, and retirement plans with employer contributions.
New York Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
The health and safety of our community is the highest priority. As such, New York Institute of Technology is requiring all newly hired employees to be fully vaccinated with an FDA authorized and/or approved COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment. Requests for reasonable accommodations for medical or religious reasons will be reviewed and considered in accordance with applicable law.
In compliance with local legislation as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, the annual base salary range for this position is listed. New York Tech considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate experience/expertise, education/training, key skills, geographic location, internal peer equity as well as market, organizational considerations and/or applicable collective bargaining agreement when extending an offer.