Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. (NASDAQ: DXCM), develops and markets Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) systems for ambulatory use by people with diabetes and by healthcare providers for the treatment of people with diabetes. The company is the leader in transforming diabetes care and management by providing CGM technology to help patients and healthcare professionals better manage diabetes. Since the company’s inception, Dexcom has focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions that are best in class - while empowering the community to take control of diabetes. Dexcom reported full-year 2022 revenues of $2.9B, a growth of 18% over 2021. Headquartered in San Diego, California, with additional offices in the Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific, the company employs over 8,000 people worldwide.
Meet the team:
Ready to revolutionize diabetes care? Join us on the Clinical Education team at Dexcom, where we are committed to reshaping the landscape of diabetes management. The Clinical Education team drives the dissemination of expert knowledge and practical skills and translates clinical evidence into valuable and competitive messaging for healthcare professionals, customers, and internal stakeholders. As a Digital Instructional Designer, you'll be at the heart of our mission, driving impactful education for healthcare professionals and patients. Your role will empower them with the expertise to wield our cutting-edge CGM technology effectively. Collaborate across teams to craft captivating digital learning materials, fostering user confidence in decision-making and fostering improved patient outcomes.
Where you come in:
- You will develop and maintain a structured digital education curriculum that aligns with product releases, new clinical evidence, and product portfolio expansion.
- You ensure content remains up-to-date and aligns with current trends and best practices in digital education and CGM.
- You will design engaging and motivating digital learning experiences that cater to diverse user needs.
- You incorporate multimedia elements, gamification, and interactive components to elevate the learning experience
- You are proficient in e-learning authoring tools such as Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, etc.
- You are familiar with Learning Management Systems (LMS).
- You can translate complex concepts into engaging and accessible digital content.
- You have strong collaboration and communication skills.
Specific job duties and responsibilities:
Content Creation and Development:
- Responsible for creating education materials to support projects or products from initial development through commercial. This includes writing instructions for use (IFU’s) for regulatory submission (ex. user guides, quick start guides).
- Responsible for creating product education/training for both internal (tech support, sales, etc.) and external audiences (healthcare professionals, patients, payers, partners, etc.) For example, infographics, job aids, presentations, web content, in-app content, eLearning, and videos
- Design and develop interactive e-learning modules, simulations, videos, and other digital learning materials for HCPs and patients.
- Convert complex information about our CGM products into easily digestible and engaging digital resources.
- Ensure educational materials are effective through human factors testing.
- Write effective copy and instructions.
User Engagement and Experience:
- Design engaging and motivating digital learning experiences that cater to diverse user needs.
Assessment and Feedback:
- Collaborate with team members to design assessments to measure user comprehension, application, and retention of material.
- Gather feedback from users and stakeholders to refine and optimize content and instructional strategies and to continuously improve digital learning experiences.
- Utilize and manage Learning Management Systems (LMS) and other e-learning tools.
Reporting and Analytics:
- Track and analyze user progress and completion rates to identify areas for improvement.
- Present findings to the team and recommend strategies to enhance digital education initiatives.
- Utilize and manage a variety of e-learning tools and platforms, including Learning Management Systems (LMS).
Collaboration and Teamwork:
- Work closely with graphic designers, multimedia specialists, and technical teams to bring visions to life.
- Engage in regular team meetings to ensure alignment and to share insights and updates.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to determine training needs and content requirements.
What makes you successful:
- You have 5 years of experience in digital instructional design, ideally in the healthcare or tech industry.
- You are proficient in e-learning authoring tools such as Articulate Storyline 360, Adobe Captivate, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. Adobe Premier and After Effects highly desirable.
- You are familiar with Learning Management Systems (LMS).
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to distill complex information into clear, concise content.
- You have strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- You have a collaborative mindset and the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- An understanding of glucose monitoring or a willingness to learn is a plus.
- An understanding of how to create and edit content for social media (YouTube) is highly desirable
What you'll get:
- A front row seat to life changing CGM technology. Learn about our brave #dexcomwarriors community.
- A full and comprehensive benefits program.
- Growth opportunities on a global scale.
- Access to career development through in-house learning programs and/or qualified tuition reimbursement.
- An exciting and innovative, industry-leading organization committed to our employees, customers, and the communities we serve.
Experience and Education
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree and a minimum of 8-12 years of related experience.
- At this level a graduate degree may be desirable with 4 years of related experience.
Please note: The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Dexcom’s AAP may be viewed upon request by contacting Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Dexcom Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Non Discrimination Provision at this link
UnitedHealthcare creates and publishes the Machine-Readable Files on behalf of Dexcom. To link to the Machine-Readable Files, please click on the URL provided: https://transparency-in-coverage.uhc.com/.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Dexcom. Only authorized staffing and recruiting agencies may use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes on specific requisitions. Dexcom does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to the Talent Acquisition team, Dexcom employees or any other company location. Dexcom is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
Salary:$91,400.00 - $152,300.00