) is market leader in the digital learning content engineering and production segment serving publishers and edtech companies globally to build learning products that meet learning efficacy goals.
The Director of Digital Curriculum & Assessment Design and Efficacy will provide consulting and advisory services by engaging with clients(publishers and edtech co.) to help with their digital product strategy, roadmap, and execution. The candidate will not only provide advisory services but also execute all digital curriculum & assessment development projects; new program development, curriculum additions and revisions, deactivations, and/or closures and the reporting of such initiatives. The candidate manages the development, maintenance, and evaluation of edtech co.’s & publishers co.’s digital curriculum & assessment development, alignment, production needs; and manages the program development and/or review process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide advisory and consulting services directing the design, implementation and maintenance of digital curriculum & assessment programs, focus on learning outcomes and other measures of effectiveness.
- Interpret various Federal/State mandates to help design and administer various standardized State/ National curriculum and assessment guidelines and ensure that reports and results are aligned to deliver and measure high learning efficacy..
- Develop and manage a set of vendors/independent contractors to produce/support Magic’s offerings in providing its digital curriculum and assessment design and development services.
- Domain understanding of the Middle School, High School, Higher Education, Workforce readiness – competency-based education (CBE) programs
- Oversee market trends, learn customer guidelines best practices and adopt curricula changes
- Serve as a liaison with the K12/ Higher Education program needs and ensure broad-based compliance assurances.
Required Knowledge and Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Understanding of digital and technology terms/concepts/tools as it would relate to developing digital curriculum and assessments.
- Insider knowledge of universal workflow for digital publishing and content design/ development and deployment.
- Familiarity with Learning Architecture and Instructional Design within the broader subject of digital curriculum & assessment development
- Demonstrated knowledge of the planning, implementation and monitoring of budgets in an educational environment.
- Demonstrated skill in proofreading and maintaining accuracy in all college documents related to curricula and assessments.
- Demonstrated organizational skills in handling and directing multiple and complex assignments and projects.
- Proficient in the use of e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software and use of the Internet to access data, maintain records, generate reports, and communicate with others.
- Familiarity with industry standards like Caliper, XAPI, Epubs, SCORM, LTI, QTI, Accessibility, DEI etc
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, including presentations to administration, internal and external groups.
Required Education and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education and experience ability required.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Higher Education, Social Sciences, Statistics or related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in higher education including program development, curriculum management, learning outcomes development and assessment, faculty development, and other related experiences.
- Three (3) years of management or supervisory experience.
Preferred/optional Education and Experience
- Doctoral degree from an accredited college or university in higher education or related field.