We are seeking a Head of Data to join our team. This role reports into the CTO and is responsible for managing the Data Engineering, Analytics Engineering and Data science teams. We're looking for a seasoned leader, who has a deep understanding of data, a passion for building robust data infrastructures, a talent for garnering trust and alignment, and a keen interest in not only guiding a team but successfully tying their results back to company goals and outcomes. The right individual thrives in cross-functional settings and has a proven record of leveraging data to influence decision-making and strategic planning.
What you'll do:
- Provide leadership, guidance, and mentorship to a high-performing team of data engineers
- Assure the successful development, implementation, and maintenance of our data architecture, infrastructure, and pipeline, ensuring that data is accessible, accurate, and reliable
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization, including marketing, finance, sales, product, and IT teams, to identify opportunities for data enhancement and meet business requirements
- Oversee the design, build, and launch of new data models and data pipelines in production
- Manage and optimize processes for data intake, validation, engineering, modeling, visualization, and communication deliverables
- Oversee the design and enforcement of a data governance program that ensures data integrity and monitoring while also ensuring compliance with data privacy regulations
- Stay current with the latest data engineering technologies, best practices, and collaborate with technical leads to determine necessary infrastructure changes and improvements
What you should have:
- Demonstrated experience in a data focused leadership role
- 7+ years of experience in Data
- 4+ years working at a Saas company, familiar with the standard business applications, the core metrics that drive a Saas business and the right tools to source this data from.
- Exceptional technical acumen; able to design and implement complex, scalable data systems.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Proficiency in key data engineering technologies (data transformation tools such as dbt, Matillion. Data warehousing technologies such as Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery, BI Tools such as Tableau, Looker. Orchestration tools such as Airflow, Prefect, Dagster. Data pipeline tools such as Fivetran, Stitch, Segment, Meltano, Kinesis, Kafka)
- Experience in building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures, and data sets
- Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to lead and manage large, complex projects
- Experience in team management, talent development, and performance management
The pay range for this position is $201,000 to $301,400 for all US locations. Articulate takes into consideration a wide range of factors that are utilized in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, qualifications and education, and other business and organizational needs. This position is also bonus eligible. Articulate also offers a robust suite of benefits, check out the website
for a full list.
Articulate Global, LLC, is the leading SaaS provider of creator platforms for online workplace training. Founded by Adam Schwartz in 2002, Articulate provides creator tools and services that make it simple for enterprises and SMBs to develop, deliver, and analyze online workplace training that’s engaging and effective.
Increasingly, organizations must reskill employees for ever-changing remote and hybrid work environments, create learning cultures that attract and retain employees in a tight labor market, and use training to build more equitable, empowering, and engaging workplaces. Articulate helps organizations address these critical business needs with its creator platform for workplace training. Articulate 360—a suite of creator tools for online courses—was named the 7th most-loved product in the world by TrustRadius in 2021. And Rise
—an all-in-one online training system that makes online training easy to create, enjoyable to take, and simple to manage—is the first creator platform for SMBs and departments within the enterprise. Articulate has more than 118,000 customers in 170 countries and counts all 100 of the Fortune 100 companies as customers.
Named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces 2022 and a leader in building a human-centered organization
, Articulate is guided by a commitment to provide the best value to customers, do right by employees, and create an equitable, empowering workplace for all. As a human-centered organization, we honor people’s humanity knowing that each person’s unique history, vulnerabilities, and social location inform how we show up with one another. We embrace our connectedness, aware that what we do and say impacts others. We give each other grace because we are all works in progress, learning and evolving every day. And we take responsibility for ourselves and are serious about our accountability to each other. In all we do, we strive to create an equitable, sustainable, and empowering workplace while we drive results for the business and make a positive impact in the world. Read more about our values here
Articulate welcomes different voices and viewpoints and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, native language, pregnancy status, physical size, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applicants to voluntarily disclose their race and gender on our application form to help us create a diverse company. This voluntarily disclosed information will not be shared with any hiring manager and will be kept in confidence by the Articulate human resources department and executives who are not hiring for this position.
(For information about Articulate's privacy practices, please view our Privacy Notice)