We believe teachers have one of the most vital jobs in the world, and we’re here to support them. What began as a word-of-mouth marketplace where teachers could buy and sell educational resources is now a teacher-powered digital learning platform. Our community of 7M+ educators relies on us for engaging, accessible, classroom-ready materials—and we rely on our team members to continue developing solutions that improve the lives of teachers, students, and, ultimately, the state of education itself.
About the Team:
TPT’s Director of Growth leads all marketing efforts to grow the TPT Marketplace, the go-to-platform for teacher-created classroom resources with 85% of U.S. teachers as active users. Your team manages marketing channels to acquire new customers, engage existing customers, and drive profitable growth for the business.
TPT is looking for a strategic, impact-driven Director of Growth with a track record of success in e-commerce and marketplace growth. As our Director of Growth, you’ll oversee a cross-functional group of marketers, directing strategy, driving execution, and reporting on results for company level goals. You’ll also work closely with members of TPT’s product, design, and engineering teams to identify and unlock new growth opportunities. You’ll need to have strong business acumen, exceptional capacity for learning, and the people management skills to successfully guide a team of TPT’ers to consistently achieve aggressive goals. Whether you're setting long-term strategy or driving forward a program of experiments, your contribution will translate to meaningful revenue and will improve the lives of millions of teachers.
- Maintain a holistic view of growth opportunities across TPT and work with senior leadership to inform and develop the TPT growth strategy.
- Lead a cross-functional group of marketers to deliver on agreed strategies and related objectives for the TPT Marketplace.
- Able to navigate all cross-functional complexity independently
- Coordinate with functional leads to manage operational tradeoffs.
- Create operating processes that enable rapid and continual iteration.
- Drive profitable growth for the business across the full marketing funnel - awareness, acquisition, engagement, and retention
- Oversee growth experimentation program with dedicated engineering resources
- Optimize core and proven marketing channels including SEO/SEM, seller marketing efforts, email, and social media, and identify, test into, and scale new channels based on industry trends and customer data
- Manage, coach, and develop a team of marketers, teaching and sharing your domain expertise.
- Own weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting that is shared with leadership, and synthesize data and findings into action
- Collaborate with members of product, engineering, design, and finance, as well as external agency partners
- BA/BS degree
- 7+ years of experience in Growth Marketing or Performance marketing with a track record of delivering concrete business results
- 3+ years of people management experience
- You are highly analytical, with a proven ability to mine data for opportunities and actionable insights that are not readily apparent.
- You bring a strong intuition for the business implications of proposed product and marketing decisions
- You are a strong communicator and effective cross-functional collaborator
- You bring deep knowledge of ad and website performance reporting and analytics platforms, such as Google AdWords, Heap, Looker, etc.
- Prior startup and marketplace experience are preferred.
Compensation & Benefits:
TPT offers a holistic Total Rewards package designed to support our employees in all aspects of life, inside and outside of work:
Base salary range: 200,000- 270,000 USD annually.
- In addition to cash compensation, all TPTers are eligible to participate in TPT’s equity plan to receive management incentive units (MIUs).
- The final job level and compensation will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, years of relevant experience, skills, qualifications, certifications, geographic location, and other business considerations.
At TPT, benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. Two of our core company values are “We Learn and Grow Together” and “We Enjoy the Journey.” We’ve committed to these values and to our employees through investing in added benefits and perks:
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision & Dental Benefits
- 401k plan with company matching
- Free Telemedicine Membership - 24/7 access to trusted medical advisors
- Generous PTO and Wellness Days
- 5 Week “Recharge Leave” after 5 Years, to refresh and celebrate the impact you’ve had at TPT
- Generous Parental Leave (for new parents) for time to adjust to parenthood, plus additional six weeks for the birth parent
- ‘Employee Resource Groups’ (ERGs) to promote employee inclusivity and belonging
- Engineering Learning Fridays (ELF), to provide a space each week for Engineering teams to collaborate and learn from each other
- ‘Professional Development’ Stipend, to support the professional growth of employees (including - but not limited to - subscriptions, books, lectures, etc.)
- Annual Company Events (Camp TPT, Field Day, Hackathons, Holiday Party, Summer Picnic, Classroom Visits, etc.)
- Subscriptions: We cover employee subscriptions to services like Headspace and GrubHub+
Here at TPT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TPT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TPT People Ops Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Finally, if you’re a California resident, California law requires that we provide you notice about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. You can find our full notice here