The Human Resources team supports our employee population by providing the structure, care, and development needed for individual employees to be successful in their own careers, which in turn contributes to the overall growth and success of the Company. The Human Resources department is organized in three strategic pillars:
- Compensation and Benefits: payroll, health and welfare benefits, retirement plan services, and immigration.
- Human Resources Business Partners: performance management, employee relations, recruiting and retaining talent, coaching and counseling.
- Talent Development: corporate social responsibility, diversity, learning, leadership development, internal communications and employee engagement.
The Hermès of Paris (US) Talent Development team is comprised of interconnected specialists that seek to champion Hermès culture and values by designing and implementing strategies focused on engaging and educating our Hermès US family.
As the Director of Learning, you will be responsible for designing, organizing and delivering a wide range of curricula to support the success and long-term development of our boutique, service center and corporate team members. Your primary focus will be to build and lead learning strategies that support Hermès culture, product expertise and the client experience. In this role, you will be entrusted with the leadership and management of our expanding Learning team, nurturing a culture of trust and creativity, and promoting individual growth and team success.
Through creative learning approaches, classroom and virtual facilitation, coaching relationships, in-store workshops, and the development of training resources, in this role you will serve as bridge that unites team members around the US, and as a liaison with the Hermès headquarters in Paris. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of adult learning principles, as well as experience in developing and delivering training programs in a luxury retail environment.
The Director, Learning is based in the New York corporate office, and reports to the Vice President, Talent Development, HR.
- Implement instructionally-sound training strategies that consistently raise the level of performance and engagement of Hermès employees
- Manage and develop members of the Learning team
- Conduct needs analyses to identify performance-based training opportunities
- Strategize and recommend creative learning solutions to help meet boutique and Hermès business objectives
- Create engaging seminars, presentations and training collateral that ensure knowledge transfer and provide exceptional employee learning experiences
- Facilitate classroom, virtual and in-store trainings that focus on product-expertise, selling skills and the client experience
- Liaise with international partners to execute global training initiatives locally
- Maintain consistent follow-up post training, holding teams accountable for achieving training objectives and meeting goals
- Track, report, and evaluate training programs for participation and effectiveness; make recommendations for new solutions and to improve existing offerings
- Partner to employ successful onboarding strategies for new hires
- Model “Gracious Leadership” and foster the Hermès of Paris culture
- Oversee all relevant project administration, including maintaining the HR budget and coordinating program and project logistics (i.e. participant and independent travel, invitations and communication, shipping, printing materials, borrowing merchandise, etc.)
- YES - Director, Learning will be responsible for managing 1-2 direct reports at the start of the role.
Decision Making Responsibility:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 7+ years of training, performance coaching, or similar experience
- Experience developing and leading direct reports
- Demonstrated experience translating vision into strategy and delivering on the strategy
- Recognize the value that diverse perspectives and cultures bring to an organization and actively seek to understand and empower these perspectives
- Strong instructional design, communication, and writing skills
- Excellent classroom facilitation, and presentation and interpersonal skills
- A passion to learn and gain subject-matter expertise
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as an active team player
- Willingness to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with positivity, energy and enthusiasm
- Exceptional project management skills, with an ability to work on multiple priorities simultaneously
- Strong ability to build cross-functional partnerships and influence across all levels and functions
- Technologically adept and proficient in Microsoft 365 programs
- Ability to travel 30% of time, dedicated to coaching and presentation facilitation (will require occasional international travel and occasional weekend hours)
The range for this position is $105,899.00 - $176,499.00. Actual rates are determined based on the job, location, and individual experience.
We are looking for a candidate that has a combination of the above attributes and can perform the key functions of the role with or without reasonable accommodations.
Since 1837, Hermès has remained faithful to its artisan business model and humanist values. We place people at the heart of what we do and aspire to make a positive impact on the world. The freedom to create, the constant search for beautiful materials, the transmission of a savoir-faire of excellence and the aesthetic of functionality define the singularity of Hermès, a house dedicated to making highly-crafted, beautiful objects made to stand the test of time.
An independent, family-owned company, Hermès is dedicated to keeping production in France through its 42 workshops, The Hermès organization is also a truly global community with a network of 310 stores in 49 countries. Hermès employs more than 15,000 people worldwide with over 6,000 of the workforce being Hermès craftspeople engaged in making artisanal products, nurturing a 180+ year tradition of creativity and innovation.
At Hermès, our actions for sustainable development and corporate social responsibility are founded in values passed down by generations of humble artisans who have shaped the story of our house and the integrity of our objects. The roots of Hermès’ success and longevity lie in a sense of responsibility; a quest for authenticity and respect for time and preservation of natural resources. All at Hermès wish to leave a positive footprint on the world, a mission that’s at the heart of our commitment to progress. This narrative can be experienced in a series of shorts films “Footsteps Across the World” available on our website. Link here
Family is at the heart of Hermès. At Hermès of Paris, we are committed to being a Maison for All, a home where we make efforts to generate, support and advance the values of diversity, inclusion and family both within our own walls and in the wider world. At Hermès of Paris we look to create a diverse workforce of talented and unique individuals with different backgrounds, skillsets and worldviews that will enrich our Hermès of Paris family. We support our individual team members personal and professional success through a culture that values equality, individuality and fairness and through an environment where individuals can thrive and feel comfortable being their authentic selves. Beyond the walls of our Maison, we advance our DIF values through the work that we do in partnership with our community and non-profit partners.
At Hermès of Paris, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. It is the policy of Hermès of Paris, Inc. that applicants for employment are recruited, selected and hired on the basis of individual merit and ability with respect to positions being filled and potential for promotion or transfer which may be expected to develop. Applicants are recruited, selected and hired without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, citizenship, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. In addition, personnel procedures and practices with regard to training, promotion, transfer, compensation, demotion, lay off or termination are to be administered with due regard to job performance, experience and qualifications, but without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, citizenship, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hermès of Paris, Inc. also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.