Why Charlie Health?
Young people across the country need our help. The sad reality is that a mental health crisis has taken hold of our most vulnerable population—leading to record levels of depression, anxiety, substance abuse, and self-harm. From Manhattan to Montana, this reality is compounded by issues of access, both geographic and financial. The mental health landscape is systemically broken, and our young people are suffering as a result.
Charlie Health has set out on a mission to reimagine how high acuity care is delivered to young people and families in crisis. Our initial offering is a virtual intensive outpatient program, which places peers with similar mental health experiences and goals into customized virtual groups. Our team of masters-level clinicians lead groups multiple times per week to deliver a higher level of care.
Our goal is to help young people and families heal together. Through a combination of exceptional medical and psychological care, engaged community partnerships, and best-in-class technology, we provide an unparalleled approach to recovery support that serves individual needs in an integrated way. Join us in our mission to ensure that every young person—regardless of location or socioeconomic status—can get the care that they deserve.
About the Role
Charlie Health is hiring a Director of Learning & Organizational Development to build and lead the design, development, and implementation of impactful, modern learning solutions across a range of functions throughout the organization. Reporting to the Senior Director of People Operations, and in partnership with key leadership across the organization, this role will provide subject matter expertise and guidance on a range of topics, especially: manager and leadership development, clinical continuing education, career pathing, change management, and functional enablement. The ideal candidate is a charismatic and people-first leader with the desire and ability to grow and support our clinicians and team members as we work together to reduce youth suicide.
- Centralize and unify Charlie Health’s learning and development functions, establishing a consistent, clear, and measurable framework for the development of our teams
- Build and deliver leadership, management, and functional development trainings throughout the organization
- Act as the L&D business partner to key client groups, proactively identifying areas of further training and development
- Oversee learning governance, ensuring Charlie Health is always compliant with the multi-state, Joint Commission-accredited environment in which we operate
- Own all business processes related to our learning systems, including implementation, reporting, and adherence to required trainings
- Implement a progressive Leadership Development program that supports our team members as they progress through their Charlie Health careers
- Support and streamline our Clinical and Corporate onboarding functions to ensure effective delivery of the materials, and smooth integration into Charlie Health’s culture and processes
- Continuously measure, evaluate, and report on the effectiveness of our development programming and impact on the larger organization
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- At least 7-10 years of broad HR experience, with a demonstrated expertise in leading the creation of a world class L&D organization
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to relay difficult concepts at all levels of the organization
- Thorough knowledge of and demonstrated ability to apply adult learning theories, best-in-class learning technologies, and modern instructional design methodologies
- Top notch written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work a hybrid schedule of 4 days per week in our NYC office and located within 75 minutes' commuting distance of the office
Charlie Health is pleased to offer comprehensive benefits to all full-time, exempt employees. Read more about our benefits here
. Additional InformationThe expected base pay for this role will be between $145,000 and $185,000 per year at the commencement of employment. However, base pay will be determined on an individualized basis and will be impacted by location and years of experience. Further, base pay is only part of the total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include incentive compensation, discretionary bonuses, other short and long-term incentive packages, and other Charlie Health-sponsored benefits. #LI-HYBRID So—what do you think?
If you’ve made it this far, well, we’re excited to meet you too. Just one more thing that we want you to remember: we pride ourselves on our meritocratic, performance-driven culture. There are lives on the line, and we have young people to save. There’s no room for complacency. Your scope of responsibility and opportunity to make a difference will be uncapped at Charlie Health, but we need your commitment that you will work tirelessly for our patients, parents, and partners. At the end of day, our team is committed to helping you succeed at Charlie Health because when you succeed, our patients succeed, and we get one step closer to solving the mental health crisis. We’re hopeful that this role will give you the experience to go and do whatever you want in life but the fulfillment to make you never want to leave our team. We look forward to solving the mental health crisis, together.Please do not call our public clinical admissions line in regards to this or any other job posting.
Please be cautious of potential recruitment fraud. If you are interested in exploring opportunities at Charlie Health, please go directly to our Careers Page: https://www.charliehealth.com/careers/current-openings. Charlie Health will never ask you to pay a fee or download software as part of the interview process with our company. In addition, Charlie Health will not ask for your personal banking information until you have signed an offer of employment and completed onboarding paperwork that is provided by our People Operations team. All communications with Charlie Health Talent and People Operations professionals will only be sent from @charliehealth.com email addresses. Legitimate emails will never originate from gmail.com, yahoo.com, or other commercial email services.
Recruiting agencies, please do not submit unsolicited referrals for this or any open role. We have a roster of agencies with whom we partner, and we will not pay any fee associated with unsolicited referrals.
At Charlie Health, we value being an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to cultivate an environment where individuals can be their authentic selves. Being an Equal Opportunity Employer means every member of our team feels as though they are supported and belong. We value diverse perspectives to help us provide essential mental health and substance use disorder treatments to all young people.Charlie Health applicants are assessed solely on their qualifications for the role, without regard to disability or need for accommodation.