At BetterLesson, our Directors of Partnerships are seen as trusted advisors to our partners in K-12 school districts across the country. As a trusted advisor, you have a deep understanding of pedagogy and the value PD can provide when done right. You research to understand the district’s unique teaching and learning goals and support the development of a comprehensive professional learning plan aligned with their goals. Your daily work might entail running discovery meetings, demoing our platform, supporting a new learning program at a school, or presenting learning plans to stakeholders to gain approval. You will build your territory plan to support growth in your primary and secondary states, aligned with our go-to-market strategy, while accurately forecasting sales activity, and delighting customers at every step of the sales process. This role reports to Go-to-Market Leadership. This is an individual contributor role.
Here are some of the things you can expect to accomplish in this role:
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with Superintendents and other key stakeholders within current and new accounts.
- Generate new business for BetterLesson, building relationships with district leaders that open doors, position us as a thought leader in the region, and grow your territory.
- Communicate the value of BetterLesson’s products and services to develop impactful professional learning solutions that align with the district’s strategic professional learning plan.
- Identify opportunities to expand current accounts, working with your partners in Customer Success to build on the relationships and experiences that are having an impact at the district.
- Manage the customer renewal process by working with cross-functional teams to analyze data and trends and identify the next best path for the district to achieve their goals.
- You have experience selling highly consultative services in the education and K-12 markets in the territories listed above.
- You have experience in new business development (i.e. prospecting and cold-calling), planning, building, and executing a successful territory plan.
- You frequently meet sales goals.
- You have knowledge of maintaining records and accessing information in Hubspot/Salesforce or similar CRM tool.
- You have knowledge of sales methodologies (i.e. Solution Selling, Challenger Selling, or SPIN Selling)
- You are willing or can to travel to meet with accounts, at least 40% of the time.
What We Can Offer You:
- Remote-first work.
- A flexible schedule and open vacation policy.
- Comprehensive health benefits.
- Equity in the business you are helping to build.
- The opportunity to spend everyday working to improve outcomes for teachers and students.
BetterLesson empowers K-12 teachers to build a modern classroom: learner-centered, culturally responsive, and personalized to meet the needs of all students. Instead of the conventional one-size-fits-all professional development approach, BetterLesson supports educators with differentiated support across the school year -- using a mix of self-directed online courses, remote 1:1 coaching, non-evaluative learning walks, and collaborative in-person and virtual workshops centered around targeted outcomes. All of our learning experiences are powered by the BetterLesson Lab, giving participants a centralized hub to measure outcomes of their learning and district leaders a complete picture of the impact of their professional learning program. We match each educator with a world-class coach and then leverage our technology to suggest research-backed teaching strategies aligned to their area of focus, measure impact on student learning, and improve teaching practice continuously through rapid iteration. This process leads to off-the-charts teacher love (our data shows teachers love BetterLesson more than Apple users love their iPhones), high administrator engagement, and, most importantly, dramatic teacher and student growth.
BetterLesson has raised over $30M of venture capital and grant funding, serves over 400 school districts, sees 850K+ monthly active users accessing our online lessons and strategies, and is expanding quickly.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at BL.