Responsible for direction and execution on the Platform engineering team. The primary focus of your role will be to lead, grow, and scale Platform Engineering in order to support your customers in Product Engineering, guide managers and teams under your supervision, and work with senior leadership to remove obstacles. You will also collaborate across Articulate to ensure project dependencies and deliveries are handled well.
You’re not expected to write code or be hands-on with infrastructure on a day-to-day basis. However, you should be comfortable in these areas, have a strong technical background, and keep up to date on industry trends in platform, cloud infrastructure, and dev tooling in order to provide guidance and recommendations to your managers and teams.
What you'll do:
- Lead a critical engineering team that supports the overall effectiveness of our engineers and contributes to the success of our engineering org
- Drive maturity of our platforms, tools, infrastructure, and processes to support thoughtful experimentation and predictable delivery in order to meet business objectives
- Provide delightful technical infrastructure and developer tools
- Responsible for managing EMs and ICs
- Represent the Platform Engineering team to the larger engineering org
- Ensure project deliverables are on schedule, on budget, and in line with business requirements
- Collaborate across teams, departments, and organizational levels to effectively drive results
- Coach EMs and ICs toward impactful outcomes and improving the team’s functional maturity
- Build cohesion and connection across Platform Engineering teams and between Platform and your engineering customers
What you should have:
- 4 years of engineering management, or equivalent, experience leading productive, high functioning teams. You can describe why these teams were high functioning and what you specifically did to ensure engineers felt productive
- Background in writing understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability
- High emotional intelligence coupled with strong communication skills
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- Experience based grasp of the AWS ecosystem (GCP or other cloud experience helps too)
- Infrastructure as Code mindset with emphasis on Terraform
- Strong CI/CD understanding
- Experience running high scale SaaS apps on Kubernetes/EKS
- Experience managing distributed/remote teams
Articulate Global, LLC, is the leading SaaS provider of creator platforms for online workplace training. Founded by Adam Schwartz in 2002 and led by CEO Lucy Suros, Articulate provides creator tools and services that make it simple for enterprises and SMBs to develop, deliver, and analyze online workplace training that’s engaging and effective.
Increasingly, organizations must reskill employees for ever-changing remote and hybrid work environments, create learning cultures that attract and retain employees in a tight labor market, and use training to build more equitable, empowering, and engaging workplaces. Articulate helps organizations address these critical business needs with its creator platform for workplace training. Articulate 360—a suite of creator tools for online courses—was named the 7th most-loved product in the world by TrustRadius in 2021. And Rise
—an all-in-one online training system that makes online training easy to create, enjoyable to take, and simple to manage—is the first creator platform for SMBs and departments within the enterprise. Articulate has more than 118,000 customers in 170 countries and counts all 100 of the Fortune 100 companies as customers.
Named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces 2020 as well as Glassdoor's Top 50 Best Places to Work 2022, and a leader in building a human-centered organization
, Articulate is guided by a commitment to provide the best value to customers, do right by employees, and create an equitable, empowering workplace for all. As a human-centered organization, we honor people’s humanity knowing that each person’s unique history, vulnerabilities, and social location inform how we show up with one another. We embrace our connectedness, aware that what we do and say impacts others. We give each other grace because we are all works in progress, learning and evolving every day. And we take responsibility for ourselves and are serious about our accountability to each other. In all we do, we strive to create an equitable, sustainable, and empowering workplace while we drive results for the business and make a positive impact in the world. Read more about our values here
Articulate welcomes different voices and viewpoints and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, native language, pregnancy status, physical size, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applicants to voluntarily disclose their race and gender on our application form to help us create a diverse company. This voluntarily disclosed information will not be shared with any hiring manager and will be kept in confidence by the Articulate human resources department and executives who are not hiring for this position.