Let’s face it, a company whose mission is human transformation better have some fresh thinking about the employer/employee relationship.
We do. We can’t cram it all in here, but you’ll start noticing it from the first interview.
Even our candidate experience is different. And when you get an offer from us (and accept it), you get way more than a paycheck. You get a personal BetterUp Coach, a development plan, a trained and coached manager, the most amazing team you’ve ever met (yes, each with their own personal BetterUp Coach), and most importantly, work that matters.
This makes for a remarkably focused and fulfilling work experience. Frankly, it’s not for everyone. But for people with fire in their belly, it’s a game-changing, career-defining, soul-lifting move.
Join us and we promise you the most intense and fulfilling years of your career, doing life-changing work in a fun, inventive, soulful culture.
If that sounds exciting—and the job description below feels like a fit—we really should start talking.
As our Director of Product leading our Platform Team, you will be a key executive responsible for building the core capabilities and infrastructure to bring BetterUp - and the power of personal growth and transformation - to everyone.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Deep Technical Expertise. Your teams are building things like message queues, api gateways, identity service, event driven reporting, data catalogs, microservices and feature stores to power BetterUp’s products.
- Horizontal Leadership. You will need to guide and influence an org to prospect and invest in these powerful but long term capabilities and growth levers.
- Systems Thinking. You will need to help stitch together the value story across a complex technical and product ecosystem.
We expect our leaders to be experts in their domains, not just general managers. You will be able to zoom in to guide your teams through the most critical problems and zoom out to guide the organization towards our long term vision.
You will deliver all of this through Platform teams based in both the US and Europe.
As an organization we have the building blocks in place but are still early in our Platform journey - this is your opportunity to shape and accelerate that journey.
What you’ll do:
- You will lean into Horizontal Leadership to guide our organization - both Technical and Non-Technical - through the platform investments required to scale by an order of magnitude.
- You will manage, grow and recruit world class talent and set the pace of the organization - both within and beyond your direct team.
- Along with our Platform Engineering leadership team you will shape our platform strategy & roadmap, quantify and frame our investments, and drive alignment across the organization. You will make high quality, high value decisions in the face of ambiguity.
- You will define, monitor, measure, analyze and report on key metrics for your business.
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- 10+ years of experience in Product Management
- 5+ years of experience managing group and technical product managers
- Experience in a technical/engineer role and comfortable discussing engineering systems in detail.
- Practical experience with data platforms, microservices and infrastructure.
- Proven track record of driving results via horizontal leadership.
- Systems thinker with an ability to digest highly complex, ambiguous dynamics into simple options and path forward.
- Inspiring people leader who can motivate and set a healthy pace for the team and isn't afraid to get into the details when they need to.
- Experience operating in a fast pace startup.
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Company wide Summer & Winter breaks
- Year-round charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
At BetterUp, we compensate our employees fairly for their work. Base salary is determined by job-related experience, education/training, residence location, as well as market indicators. The range below is representative of base salary only and does not include equity, sales bonus plans (when applicable) and benefits. This range may be modified in the future.