What We Seek
Our Professional Learning team is looking for a highly motivated leader and Carnegie Learning product ambassador passionate about creating the highest quality professional learning experiences for educators across the globe.
As the Director of Professional Learning your role will center around building a world-class team of talent who delivers a wide variety of professional learning services across all content verticals; math, literacy, world language, and applied sciences. You will manage the delivery of all professional learning activities within our highest tier partnerships across all content verticals partnering across teams when needed. As a product and professional learning expert you will partner with our sales team as they develop new partnership opportunities.
As a member of the Professional Learning team, the Director of Professional Learning reports to the Regional Vice President of Professional Learning and works collaboratively across a number of other customer-facing teams including Customer Support, Customer Success, Tutoring Services, Sales, and Account Management to best meet the needs of each of our customer partners.
What You’ll Be Responsible For
Hiring, Managing, & Mentoring Your Team
- Championing the overall mission and core values of the professional learning organization (and the company as a whole) and cultivating them across your team.
- Leading, growing, and developing a team of MSPs and Implementation Managers
- Equitably recruiting, interviewing, and hiring for open positions with a focus on finding candidates who exemplify our core competencies
- Managing the day-to-day requests and approvals for each team member under your care
- Shadowing team members at least 2 times per year in order to provide informal job-embedded coaching and feedback
- Building agency in and empowering team members to take responsibility within their role and individual professional growth
- Fostering a spirit of teamwork and unity among team members that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution, and the appreciation of diversity as well as cohesiveness, support, and working effectively together to enable each team member to succeed
- Communicating regularly with team members individually (weekly) and as a group (bi-weekly)
- Utilizing the annual reflection and quarterly goal-setting/check-in conversations through the Make Us Better Campaign to motivate team members to their full potential
Managing High-Profile Accounts with Professional Learning
- Supporting (owning or collaborating with the Customer Success team to own) top tier accounts in your territory (as identified by the RVP)
- Creating and managing a full-scale scope of work in partnership with the customer
- Scheduling and managing all professional learning according to the scope of work and ensures thorough data collection and reporting
- Facilitating partnership meetings with key stakeholders to promote data-driven accountability
- Strategically establishing goals at the beginning of each PL partnership as well as collecting and using data to track on the partnership goals throughout the implementation
- Partnering with Sales RVPs and Account Executives to ensure collaboration and communication across sales & services and to close business in high-profile opps in your region/territory
- Where appropriate, supporting the sales team by delivering presentations and designing customer-specific solutions, proposals, and RFP responses for professional learning and product-specific sales opportunities
- When needed, provide presence and thought leadership at regional and national summits, conferences, and other events
Other Fun Work
- Developing and using collaborative relationships within and across departments in order to influence product development, contribute to marketing and thought leadership efforts, etc. as a representation of our teachers and leaders
- Performing other duties as assigned or apparent
What Your Day-to-Day Might Look Like
Key Work Area | % of Time
Hiring, Managing, & Mentoring Your Team | 45%
Managing High-Profile Accounts | 10%
Supporting Sales | 15%
Operations & Documentation | 10%
Other Work | 20%
NOTE: Because you will often be out in the field managing and mentoring your team as well as customer partnerships, this job will require travel somewhere between 25% and 50% of the time.
What Should Be In Your Bookbag
- Bachelor’s degree in Education (required), Master’s degree in Education (preferred)
- 5+ years of classroom teaching experience
- 3+ years experience supporting Carnegie Learning implementations
- Experience mentoring, coaching, or managing others
- Experience designing and delivering professional learning workshops
- Understanding of school and district infrastructure including technology environments and management
- Exceptional time management skills including detailed calendar management, effective goal setting, efficiency in task prioritization, and consistently meets deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment maintaining a positive attitude in stressful situations
- Ability to remain solution-minded and detail-oriented; always looking for ways to improve efficiency, communication as well as the team and/or customer experience
- Ability to follow through on assigned tasks and projects with minimal supervision
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
What Gives Us Purpose
Carnegie Learning is a leading provider of K-12 education technology, curriculum, and professional learning solutions. With the highest quality, research-based offerings for K-12 math, ELA, world languages, and more, Carnegie Learning is changing the way we think about learning and creating powerful results for teachers and students alike. At Carnegie Learning we strive to create an environment where people want to work - one where the larger team comes first, where trying new things (and sometimes failing) is encouraged, and where we pursue our mission relentlessly.
Carnegie Learning is a major disruptive force in the digital curriculum market by combining world-class research, differentiated technology, best in class content together with a world-class mission-oriented team. This is where you come in! Are you ready to do the best work of your career and shape the future of learning?
What We Provide
- Named a Pittsburgh Top Workplace six years in a row
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Virtual health services
- Basic life and disability insurance offered at no cost
- HSA, FSA, DCSA, and Commuter saving accounts
- 401k with company match
- Employee assistance program
- Pet and Legal services insurance
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- Variable compensation opportunities
- Business casual work environment
- Mission-driven culture
- Flexible working hours, leveraging remote capabilities
What We Believe
We respect and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics, and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to collectively and more effectively address the issues that face our business and industry. Carnegie Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer.