BrainPOP is an online K-12 educational solution that makes rigorous learning experiences accessible and engaging for all. Proven to raise academic achievement, BrainPOP has been a trusted resource to more than six million educators, and engages the hearts and challenges the minds of over 300 million learners worldwide. BrainPOP provides endless opportunities for kids to take agency over their learning through playful, knowledge-building content and learner-driven projects, preparing them for success in the classroom and beyond.
BrainPOP is seeking an experienced PM to provide strategic oversight and direction for the BrainPOP Math learning product designed to build and measure student mastery in K-8 Math. This PM will guide the BrainPOP Math cross-functional teams through all phases of development of this new supplemental digital Math curriculum from discovery, design, development through launch and implementation. Reporting to the VP of Product Management, the Director of PM will be a key member of the BrainPOP Math leadership team.
In this role, you will:
- Provide leadership and strategic direction for the development of BrainPOP Math as a new product with outstanding technical and financial performance as well as impact on learning outcomes
- Lead a cross-functional product squad focused on BrainPOP Math
- Take a new product concept from 0-1, working with subject matter experts on the team to lead the ideation, development, and launch of innovative features
- Represent the squad to communicate out product vision, milestones, updates and blockers to members of the executive team and across the organization
- Prioritize among competing product, operational, and business imperatives, and clearly articulate the rationale behind these decisions
- Synthesize market, quantitative, and/or qualitative research into product insights and use them to author requirements
- Deftly manage multiple streams of work to continuously deliver value
- Seamlessly collaborate with internal and external partners
- Create and proactively manage robust project plans throughout the project lifecycle, including scope, schedule, budget, resources, and quality
- Identify risks and issues and work with team to create response plans that meet project expectations
- Facilitate the processes of decision-making and change management to maintain team alignment and clear project goals
- Ensure that BrainPOP Math meet rigorous standards of quality, accessibility and efficacy
- Report regularly to project leadership on project status, issues, risks, and decisions
- Manage and own third party vendor relationships
- Have a customer-centric product mindset
- Are a problem solver with a bias towards action
- Are curious and inquisitive
- Are an analytical and structured thinker
- Have superior interpersonal skills and boundless empathy for your users, your teammates, and your stakeholders
- Are an advocate for your users, your product, and the business
- Lift up those around you and lead by influence and inspiration
- Love learning about your discipline, our domain, and the world around you
On Your Resume:
- 5+ years of digital product management experience – ideally in K-12 learning technology products with annual budgets exceeding $1M
- A proven track-record of shipping and iterating on large, fast moving, and/or hugely impactful products with measurable business results
- Played a key role in defining and executing a go-to-market strategy in K-8 learning solutions
- Experience building playful learning experiences that delight children
- The ability to deftly articulate problems and set others up for success in solutioning.
- Experience in and excitement about diving into undefined problem spaces (e.g. “How can we reconsider how people look for and purchase educational products?").
- The ability to mentor and up-level the delivery of other squads
- Technical knowledge. You don’t need to be an engineer, but you will need to be technically conversant.
- Experience projecting 2-5 years into the future and envisioning novel products that can drive new revenue streams and solve new problems.
- Proficiency in using data tracking and business intelligence platforms
- Experience managing, coaching, and mentoring 2+ direct reports
- An undergraduate degree (or equivalent experience)
- Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working on an instructional math product
- Education or Ed Tech experience
- Experience working with remote teams
Life at BrainPOP
What we do today directly impacts how teachers teach, and students learn. We continue to be inspired because we can see the difference we’re making and we’re proud to be a creative, collaborative, always-teaching, and always-learning community. Our commitment to supporting and empowering teachers and students is reflected in our dedication to enhancing the lives of our employees—in and out of the office. Our team is made up of educators, data scientists, published authors, engineers, artists, bakers, film buffs, cyclists, dual-citizens, and so much more. We value Diversity & Inclusion, collaboration, and learning from multiple perspectives, and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. Besides offering a comprehensive benefits package and putting an emphasis on work-life balance, we make it a point to integrate fun and play into the workplace.
- Corporate Donation Matching
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Paid Life Insurance
- 401K with a company match
- Friends & Family BrainPOP Subscription
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Wellness Activities (ClassPass Membership)
- Annual Performance Bonus & Equity Appreciation Plan
- Company Events (happy hours, volunteering opportunities, trivia nights, and monthly Town Halls)
The starting salary for this role is between $140,000 - $175,000+, depending on skills and experience. We take a geo-neutral approach to compensation within the US, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location. For all other countries, we have competitive pay bands based on market standards. Individual compensation decisions are based on a number of factors, including experience level, skill set, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. We expect the majority of the candidates who are offered roles at our company to fall healthily throughout the range based on these factors. We recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate.
BrainPOP is a hybrid work environment, allowing employees to self-select where they work–whether fully remote in approved states or in-office in our New York headquarters.
We are able to employ remotely out of the following approved hiring states:
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Carolina