Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
We're looking for an experienced Senior Product Marketing Manager reporting to the VP of Marketing to lead the messaging, positioning, and marketing plan for key enterprise products. You will partner with the Product Management teams for these products to define the messaging, positioning, marketing strategy and metrics that best evaluate our market-fit and overall effectiveness. You will be responsible for engaging other marketing teams and partners to help implement these go-to-market plans.
In this role you’ll deliver a regular drumbeat of messaging, insights and claims to support the effective promotion and positioning of products. You will work very closely with Product and other cross-functional teams such as Sales, Customer Success, Enablement, and other internal Marketing teams to deliver a quality customer journey and impactful results.
We’re a high energy team with a passion for creating, collaborating, and storytelling. We are looking for an experienced product marketing leader who effortlessly blends strategy with execution, thrives in fast-paced environments, and finds a learning opportunity in every situation. We are eager to find someone who loves writing, editing, and wordsmithing.
- Be the voice of the customer back to product management and marketing - bringing in insights from direct client interactions, conferences, events, UXR, and competitive research and analysis.
- Own the go-to-market and launch function to bring our product to customers through our client-facing teams.
- Create custom long- and short-form materials that resonate with our customers (both users and their executives) and facilitate the buying process by showcasing Handshake’s transformative and differentiated value.
- Be the products’ subject matter expert so that other marketing teams can ideate and create blogs, landing pages, webinars, events, and other demand generation vehicles that effectively promote the products.
- Support demand generation programs and employer marketing programs with product information (messaging, product features and capabilities) designed to increase market and revenue share including latest messaging, competitive positioning, roadmap details.
- Collaborate with other product marketers, designers, data scientists and industry experts to produce relevant insights and claims that help support effective solution selling to employer audiences across strategic accounts, enterprise accounts, and mid-market accounts.
- Proven track record in B2B product marketing, developing highly effective product positioning, messaging, and marketing online content (holistic GTM planning and execution).
- Proof of strong working relationships across all levels and functions of the organization, including Product, Engineering, Customer Success, and Sales.
- Evidence of being able to quickly acquire a thorough understanding of the market, the target audience and product and using all of the above to inform and create long-form and short-form assets for enablement and end users.
- Extremely strong written (storytelling) and verbal communication skills with the ability to deliver simple and actionable analysis.
- Proven experience developing influential customer-facing messaging and content that drives action, including for c-level audiences.
- Self-motivated, organized, and a strategic thinker. Ability to break down ambiguous/complex problems, create discrete workstreams, and deliver a cohesive recommendation.
- Background in HR Tech is a plus.
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Handshake is the #1 place to launch a career with no connections, experience, or luck required. The platform connects up-and-coming talent with 750,000+ employers - from Fortune 500 companies like Google, Nike, and Target to thousands of public school districts, healthcare systems, and nonprofits. In 2022 we announced our $200M Series F funding round.
This Series F fundraise and valuation of $3.5B will fuel Handshake’s next phase of growth and propel our mission to help more people start, restart, and jumpstart their careers.
When it comes to our workforce strategy, we’ve thought deeply about how work-life should look here at Handshake. With our Hub-Based Remote Working strategy, employees can enjoy the flexibility of remote work, whilst ensuring collaboration and team experiences in a shared space remains possible. Handshake is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Denver, New York, and London and teammates working globally.
Check out our careers site to find a hub near you!
What We Offer:
At Handshake, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure.
- 💰Equity and ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 🍼16 Weeks of paid parental leave for birth giving parents & 10 weeks of paid parental leave for non-birth giving parents.
- 💝Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision policies including LGTBQ+ Coverage. We also provide resources for Mental Health Assistance, Employee Assistance Programs and counseling support.
- 💻Handshake offers $500/£360 home office stipend for you to spend during your first 3 months to create a productive and comfortable workspace at home.
- 📚Generous learning & development opportunities and an annual $2,000/£1,500 stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- 🏦401k Match: Handshake offers a dollar-for-dollar match on 1% of deferred salary, up to a maximum of $1,200 per year.
- 🏝All full-time US-based Handshakers are eligible for our flexible time off policy to get out and see the world. In addition, we offer 8 standardized holidays, and 2 additional days of flexible holiday time off. Lastly, we have a Winter #ShakeBreak, a one-week period of Collective Time Off.
- 🏦Pension Scheme: Handshake will provide you with a workplace pension, where you will make contributions based on 5% of your salary. Handshake will pay the equivalent of 3% towards your pension plan, subject to qualifying earnings limits.
- 🏝Up to 25 days of vacation to encourage people to reset, recharge, and refresh, in addition to 8 bank holidays throughout the year.
For roles based in Berlin, Spain, and Romania: Please ask your recruiter about region specific benefits.
Benefits above apply to employees in full-time positions.