We are seeking an experienced software engineering leader to join our growing leadership team to direct the development of engaging and effective i-Ready assessment products across numerous student/teacher-facing applications. In this role, you’ll be responsible for bringing new & enhancing existing digital products to market by setting technical direction, coordinating risk and priority across teams and vendors, shaping architectural strategy, managing resources, and collaborating closely with product on project delivery.
The impact you’ll have:
- Hands-on direction of multiple software engineering teams, in collaboration with product and vendor partners, for the delivery of student/teacher experiences
- Research, evaluate, help select, and implement technology frameworks and patterns
- Manage risk and prioritize engineering activity for a project and scrum team.
- Collaborate with our editorial team to effectively help deliver our product's content.
- Partner with our Psychometrics team to incorporate their data requirements into our solutions.
- Develop associates and provide career and technical mentorship to a team of engineers (on-site and distributed)
- Deliver technical solutions to challenges and problems
- Stay current on technology, industry best practices, and trends
Who we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Demonstrated competence in delivering high concurrency applications in an engineering leadership role.
- Demonstrate experience supporting enterprise applications for millions of users
- 5+ years in an engineering leadership position
- Strong familiarity with relational and non-relational databases databases, backend technologies (Java, Spring, Hibernate/JPA), and cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP).
- Experience leading autonomous teams with both front-end and back-end developers.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience working in an Agile environment, including experience with Scrum
Benefits and Pay Range:
Pay Range – This role’s range is $126,750. - $233,750. The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that Curriculum Associates considers in making compensation decisions based on our Compensation Philosophy. Actual base pay within that range will vary based upon several factors including, but not limited to, prior experience and relevant skill sets. At Curriculum Associates, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances for each case. This role is also eligible to participate in the company bonus plan. The Company recognizes that minimum wage varies by location and will ensure all compensation decisions comply with applicable state and local laws.
Benefits – Benefit eligible employees (and their families) are covered by medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees can enroll in our company’s 401k plan and receive an employer match. Employees have access to a flexible vacation and sick policy in addition to twelve paid holidays and a winter office closure between Christmas and New Year's, as well as a number of additional perks and benefits.