BrainPOP makes rigorous learning experiences accessible and engaging for all. Proven to raise academic achievement, the brand has been trusted by educators and parents worldwide for more than two decades. BrainPOP has a presence in over two-thirds of U.S. districts through school and district subscriptions and an estimated reach of 25 million students annually. Beloved by kids, BrainPOP provides endless opportunities for them to take agency over their learning through playful, knowledge-building content and learner-driven experiences that strengthen critical, computational, and creative thinking across the entire curriculum. The company is committed to empowering kids to succeed and thrive in the classroom and beyond.
Founded in 1999 by former pediatrician and immunologist Avraham Kadar, M.D., in 2022, BrainPOP was acquired by KIRKBI—the family-owned holding and investment company of the LEGO® brand—in its first acquisition in digital learning.
We’re seeking an Email Marketing Associate to join our growing marketing team. As the Email Marketing Associate, you will support our email marketing strategy through the execution of campaigns from development to audience segmentation, scheduling, testing, and reporting.
You will use tools including Marketo, Blueshift, Litmus, Looker, Salesforce, and Google Analytics to perform job functions and track success.
Your contributions will make an impact by driving marketing qualified leads, increasing product engagement and lowering churn; this will be measured by email KPIs including open rates, click-through rates, unsubscribe rates, MQL acquisition, and monthly active users.
In this role, you will:
- Own the execution and optimization of our email channel, from campaign-building within the ESP all the way to QA, testing, and deployment
- Partner with creative and product marketing teams to design campaigns that highlight BrainPOP’s brand identity and support company goals
- Strategically segment lists based on in-product behaviors and performance from past campaigns
- Execute ongoing testing regimen (subject lines, layout, format, frequency, etc.) to continuously improve email performance focused on user engagement
- Proactively develop strategies to improve our email programs
- Lead in the development of weekly, monthly, and ad hoc reporting on email performance
- Serve as a channel expert for cross-functional teams including Sales, Data Engineering, and Customer Success
- Stay current with email best practices, trends, and regulations
- Proficient with HTML and CSS with a good understanding of email functionality across devices and providers
- A skilled multi-tasker who is quick to learn new programs and tools
- Excited to contribute to BrainPOP’s mission of empowering kids to shape the world around them and within them
- A self-starter with a great work ethic who loves testing and has strong attention to detail
- Not afraid to roll up your sleeves; “Not my job” is not in your vernacular
- A team player with the time management and organizational skills to also work independently
On Your Resume
- 2-4 years of email marketing experience
- Experience with hard-coding emails
- Experience working with an email service provider (preferably Marketo and Salesforce)
- Experience with email marketing tools (e.g. Litmus)
Life at BrainPOP
What we do today directly impacts how teachers teach and students learn. We continue to be inspired because we can see the difference we’re making, and we’re proud to be a creative, collaborative, always-teaching, and always-learning community. Our commitment to supporting and empowering teachers and students is reflected in our dedication to enhancing the lives of our employees—in and out of the office. Our team is made up of educators, data scientists, published authors, engineers, artists, bakers, film buffs, cyclists, dual citizens, and so much more. We value Diversity & Inclusion, collaboration, and learning from multiple perspectives, and we encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. Besides offering a comprehensive benefits package and emphasizing work-life balance, we make it a point to integrate fun and play into the workplace.
- Corporate Donation Matching
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Paid Life Insurance
- 401K with a company match
- Friends & Family BrainPOP Subscription
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Wellness Activities (ClassPass Membership)
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Company Events (happy hours, volunteering opportunities, trivia nights, and monthly Town Halls)
The starting salary for this role is between $60,000 - $70,000, depending on skills and experience. We take a geo-neutral approach to compensation within the US, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location. We have competitive pay bands for all other countries based on market standards. Individual compensation decisions are based on several factors, including experience level, skill set, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. Based on these factors, we expect most candidates offered roles at our company to fall healthily throughout the range. We recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description, as posted. If so, the updated salary range will be communicated to you as a candidate.
BrainPOP is a hybrid work environment, allowing employees to self-select where they work–whether fully remote in approved states or in-office in our New York headquarters.
We are able to employ remotely out of the following approved hiring states:
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Carolina
We believe that a diverse organization is a more effective organization. BrainPOP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.