Coursera can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. Our interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a remote-first company.
Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 113 million registered learners as of September 30, 2022. Coursera partners with over 275 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including courses, Specializations, Professional Certificates, Guided Projects, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
We are looking for someone who’s eligible to work in Bulgaria with an interest in managing a talented team of Frontend, Backend, and Infrastructure engineers.They should have at least 3 years of professional experience leading and managing engineering teams.The team is responsible for both the authoring and learning experience for Guided Projects, a rapidly expanding short form content experience at Coursera.
- Mentoring: Acting as a role model, aiding in career development conversations, inspiring engineers, providing feedback.
- Hiring: Building a vision of team skill sets, identifying key growth areas, managing the hiring pipeline.
- Advising: Providing technical suggestions to engineers as they grow into engineering leaders in their product work.
- Product enablement: Acting as a curator of a vision, discussing needs with stakeholders, prioritizing, driving forward on key initiatives, running sprint planning meetings, and standups.
- Platform leadership: balancing effective product feature delivery against managing tech debt
- Mediating: Investigating interpersonal issues, facilitating crucial conversations.
- Bachelors in computer science or relevant degree OR 3+ years of experience as an engineering IC
- Leadership (integrity, transparency, inspiration)
- Emotional intelligence (empathy, humility, patience, communication skills)
- Problem-solving (creativity, technical rigor, intelligence)
- Excellence in ambiguous and complex situations (clarity of vision, boldness, grit)
- Experience (5+ years in product development or a related field, 3+ years in a management position)
- Strong communication skills in English
- Experience balancing effective product feature delivery against managing tech
- Experience managing a team owning both product features and the underlying infrastructure
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at email@example.com.