Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that's where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC,
English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test,
and even Math
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
As an Engineering Manager, AI Platform you will lead the new AI Platform team, which will own the platform underlying Duolingo's AI-powered features, such as learning personalization, notifications, and grammar feedback.
The AI Platform team will build new infrastructure enabling our AI researchers and engineers to push the limits of what's possible, and to ship more robust AI projects in less time.
You will work with AI teams across Duolingo to understand the needs for AI infrastructure and build solutions that benefit AI researchers and engineers working on a wide range of projects.
- Create a vision and roadmap for the AI infrastructure used across Duolingo.
- Shape key decisions about architecture and implementation of scalable and cost-effective engineering.
- Be responsible for the overall planning, execution and success of complex technical projects.
- Lead a team of software engineers to ship new AI infrastructure that makes a large impact on AI across the company.
- Demonstrated expertise in problem solving and technical innovation.
- Technical experience in infrastructure and operations for machine learning: including deep experience in technologies for ML model serving, ML model training, feature stores, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Technical management experience, leading teams consisting of three or more.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field
Exceptional Candidates Will Have...
- Extensive experience in fast-growing, consumer-facing, data-driven companies, ideally mobile app based.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or a related field.