Founded by educators and technologists passionate about improving education, Clever is on a mission to unlock new ways to learn for all students. Already used by more than 65% of U.S. K-12 schools, Clever brings all applications into one secure portal and provides single sign-on for everyone. With the leading network of digital learning providers, Clever makes school more engaging, personalized, and fun.
Clever is looking for an Enterprise Customer Success Manager to drive adoption and retention of our products in the largest school districts across the country. You will manage relationships with our largest school districts in the US, including the New York City Department of Education, the largest school district in the world! You will be responsible for rapidly growing adoption and use of Clever's products and creating customer champions. You will partner closely with Product, Sales, Marketing and other Customer Success Organization teams to drive growth, engagement and advocacy.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about building and maintaining relationships with key decision makers in large school districts, ensuring exceptional service for our enterprise customers. This role reports to the Manager of Big District Success.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
Drive upsell and adoption of Clever products
- Sell the value and drive adoption of Clever products to large strategic districts
- Manage and rapidly grow customer adoption among large school district accounts
- Ensure a great customer experience for enterprise customers across all product features and set vision and goals with Clever champions at school districts.
Delight and Retain existing customers
- Partner with the District Success team and Sales in retaining and growing existing enterprise customers.
- Align our services with district needs and priorities based on the district calendar.
- Build and strengthen executive stakeholder relationships with strategic customers.
- Perform organizational mapping for large districts and build relationships with key implementers and executive stakeholders on IT and curriculum teams.
- Identify, surface, and mitigate churn risks on enterprise accounts.
- Build and execute customer success plans and account plans.
Collaborate and build alignment
- Work effectively with other teams including District Success, Application Success, Marketing, Product, Support and Operations and App Partnerships.
- Capture feedback from customers and advocate within Clever on behalf of customers.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Customer Success experience
- 3 to 5 years advanced experience in a customer-facing role managing complex accounts and executive stakeholders in customer success or account management.
- Proven track record of upselling products, deepening production adoption and with large districts
- Excellent risk mitigation skills which result in customer satisfaction and retention
- Ability to use NPS feedback to inform actionable next steps
- Strong change management skills and persuasive techniques to help implement change within a large district
- Build and strengthen executive stakeholder relationships with strategic customers
- Service-oriented mentality and strong customer empathy.
- Ability to navigate complex organizations to drive customer success plans
- Ability to present to C-level executives effectively
- Capable of managing difficult and complex situations
- Evidence of data driven decision making to enhance the customer experience
- Ability to apply a consultative, strategic approach which positively impacts the customer journey
- Availability to travel for conferences, customer visits and company events as needed
EdTech and District background
- Knowledge of how large K-12 school districts such as NYCDOE, LAUSD, MDCPS, CCSD and CPS operate within curriculum, instruction and technology departments.
- EdTech industry experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrating ability to present to diverse audiences and effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent problem-solving skills, exceptional attention to detail and an openness to creative problem-solving.
- Flexibility and self-motivation in a fast paced environment
- Detail and results oriented; skilled at both planning and hands-on execution
- SalesForce/CRM skills
- You're relationship-oriented. You’re excited to build high-touch relationships all while scaling methods across your territory
- You're a strong communicator. You are comfortable explaining complex products to both technical and non-technical audiences. You can also communicate easily with executives and are comfortable mediating conflict.
- You're a collaborator--you're adept at partnering with other teams to deliver high-impact results.
- You’re a builder - you’re comfortable starting from scratch and rapidly iterating for fast growth. You bring a thirst for data and know how to use it to drive results
- You’re excited to improve K-12 education; bonus points if you have experience in the classroom
Commitment to equity and belonging
- At Clever, we believe the classrooms we serve and our company’s halls should be spaces that are diverse, equitable, and inclusive. That is why we are committed to building diverse teams, inviting every voice, and creating a safe space for everyone to be their authentic self. By fostering equity and belonging within our circles of influence, we unlock learning for ALL students.
The range of our base salary cash compensation for this role for candidates living in the United States, besides NYC and San Francisco, CA, is between $95,500- $112,500. For candidates living in NYC and San Francisco, CA is between $106,000 - $125,000 All final offers are determined using multiple factors including experience and level of expertise.
CLEVER BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- A competitive salary
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Top-notch healthcare, vision, and dental coverage for you and your family
- Best-in-class mental healthcare service that supports employees' mental and emotional wellness
- A generous personal development yearly budget which can be used for courses, conferences, trainings, books, and more
- LinkedIn Learning subscription with unlimited access to thousands of expert-led online courses
- Annual company retreats and quarterly team events to connect with fun, bright coworkers
Clever does not conduct interviews via text or Telegram. We will never ask for your financial information or reimbursement of equipment of any kind. If you receive any communications regarding employment with Clever that you think might be a scam, please email email@example.com.