Here at Ellucian, we are motivated by a mission - power education so institutions can empower student success. We are the global market leader in EdTech for higher education, serving more than 2,900 customers and reaching over 22 million students in 50 countries. We are dedicated to helping higher education unlock learning for all by providing solutions that support the entire student lifecycle and deliver insights needed now and into the future.
We embrace the power to lead, the courage to innovate, and the determination to grow. At our core, we believe in humanizing our approach, recognizing that our people are our greatest strength. With a shared vision of transformation, we endeavor to shape a brighter future for higher education.
About the Opportunity
As the Field Marketing Manager, you will partner closely with regional sales and cross-functional marketing teams to develop, execute and report on integrated field marketing programs aligned to support demand generation and deal acceleration for states within the Central and Western US regions. This position requires a unique blend of modern B2B marketing experience, creativity, with an analytical mindset. Strong candidates will have shown an ability to identify and act on opportunities to improve operations, communications, and team collaboration. Essential to the role is an ability to seek out and report on program impact, while also building partnership and alignment with sales and cross-functional marketing teams who operate in a remote team environment.
Where you will make an impact
- Partner with sales leadership and regional sales teams to bring awareness and alignment of global campaigns and marketing priorities
- Represent the voice of sales back to the marketing organization and identify, then close, operational gaps to help meet sales goals
- Serve as the “connective tissue” between sales teams and marketing, representing the greater global marketing organization to ensure alignment and transparency.
- Design and execute on regional field marketing programs that support SaaS modernization acceleration and net new growth measured in terms of generating marketing qualified leads, pipeline creation and pipeline acceleration
- Drive fully integrated programs that span marketing vehicles which may include social, email, event, digital, and more
- Measure and communicate the impact of regional programs as it relates to campaign performance, conversion to qualified leads, pipeline generation and velocity
- Gain marketing and sales alignment through development and execution of the regions’ yearly strategic vision including budgeting and marketing cadence/activities
What you will bring
- The ideal candidate will have 3-4 years of field, event, content or demand generation experience working in B2B organizations and will have a successful track record of partnering with sales and collaborating with cross-functional marketing teams to plan, execute, follow up and measure regional programs. Specific preferred qualifications include 3-4 years in marketing - B2B, high tech/SaaS or higher ed preferred
- Experience in developing and executing regional marketing plans; experience with Western United States and Canada preferred
- Ability to forecast, measure, analyze and report on the impact of regional demand programs in terms of KPIs aligned to sales models
- Experience in designing integrated regional programs that include multichannel tactics such as marketing email automation, paid media, events, webinars, etc.
- Excellent program management, calendar timeline, and budget management experience
- Proficient in Salesforce, Marketo, Tableau and team project management tools such as Monday.com desirable
- Record of operational improvements that enabled scale and increased stakeholder satisfaction
- Ability to occasionally work with agility and empowered to take risks and try new things
- Experience in the Education or Higher Education tech sector a plus
- Track record of developing and managing strong partnerships across cross-functional teams including sales and marketing
What makes #Ellucianlife
- Comprehensive health coverage: medical, dental, and vision
- Flexible time off
- Thrive Flex Program that allows you to contribute towards your health, financial or learning interests
- 401k w/ match & Bright Plan - to help you save for the future
- Parental Leave
- Charitable leave – 40 hours/year
- Ginger (mental health)
- Wellbeats (virtual fitness classes)
- Rethink & Wellthy– caregiver support
- Diversity and inclusion programs which provide access to internal employee resource groups
- Tuition Reimbursement Assistance
- Professional development opportunities
At Ellucian, we believe in the “power of together.” We embrace an inclusive, diverse, and equitable workplace, and believe that our differences help inspire a culture of acceptance that makes our company more collaborative and innovative. We’re proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other characteristic protected by law. We welcome you to come as you are!