The General Manager, Higher Education and ERP provides leadership (including both strategic and operational) and general oversight for the Higher Ed business and ERP business unit, and to drive the strategy for the Higher Ed and ERP portfolio solutions, within the authority and financial approvals assigned. This individual will serve as the “face of PowerSchool” for the Higher Education business, maintaining responsibility for creating and refining the overall strategy and will also have direct ownership of Product Management, R&D, Services, Customer Success, Sales, Support and Marketing. Within the product strategy duties, this individual will work with our Solution Leadership Teams (SLTs) to develop cohesive strategies to ensure success of the solutions. The General Manager, Higher Education and ERP ensures that teams are highly engaged and equipped to deliver exceptional service to clients and leads the team in strategic planning and operational targets, making sure that all functions have the resources, systems, support, and knowledge to achieve their goals. The incumbent sets business goals and works within allocated budget for the businesses.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Vision and Strategy: Responsible for Higher Ed and ERP go-to-market strategies and creating a product strategy for all PowerSchool solutions. Inspire and get buy-in from Solution Leadership Teams (SLT), Chief Revenue Officer, and Executive Leadership Teams (ELT).
- Organizational Structure: Ensure the appropriate organizational structure to align with PowerSchool objectives.
- Stakeholder Liaison: Responsible for ensuring stakeholder engagement and awareness to facilitate decision making and the approval process.
- Strategic Planning: Ensure effort is driven toward the key strategic priorities.
- Metrics & KPIs: Capture, interpret, and share information about the key aspects of these businesses with SLT and ELT. Responsible for the retention strategies for the Higher Ed and ERP products and talent.
- Revenue Attainment: Ensure revenue attainment across all Higher Ed and ERP products (subject to change as new products are made available), identify market opportunities and trends to help determine overall growth strategy and market positioning, and achieve YoY revenue growth for the businesses.
- Customer Satisfaction: Manage/own customer relationships. Develop and maintain relationships with other associations, industry, and government officials that are in the best interest of the company.
- Talent Management: Provide inputs to and participate in evaluation of the team with the functional SLT leaders on all aspects of performance management, employee development and support.
- Employee Satisfaction: Assist in recruiting “A” players, facilitate employee engagement and work with SLT leaders to address employee morale issues.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
To be considered for and to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- 15+ years in diversified leadership roles, driving and implementing revenue growth
- Significant general management and P&L experience, including developing and executing business strategy and managing a business segment
- Proven track record in leading businesses while developing complex, critical software solutions, products, and platforms across various domains
- Comprehensive understanding of sales and services activity management
- Highly credible leader and able to demonstrate understanding of the relevant prospect operations and strategies, linking them to the relevant PowerSchool solutions and high value propositions that go beyond technology
- Previous experience working with ERP (HR / Finance / Payroll) and Talent solutions
- Experience with business systems, tools, project management best practices, and client engagement methodologies
- Solid understanding of Software Development Lifecycle models
- Education/public sector background an asset; public company experience preferred
- Able to build, communicate, and effectively manage a budget
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize under pressure
- Ability to thrive and adapt in an environment that is sometimes ambiguous or difficult to define as we cross multiple division and product/services boundaries in the solutions we take to market
- Inspirational leadership style and hands-on approach
- Experience managing and coaching team members, and building high-performing teams
- Ability to work very well with others, this role requires a significant amount of collaboration with others across various organization departments and time zones
- Excellent communicator, including group presentations, written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Compensation & Benefits
PowerSchool offers the following benefits:
Comprehensive Insurance Coverage (including Medical, Dental, Vision, Pharmacy benefits, Life Insurance and AD&D)
Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
Comprehensive 401(k) plan
Generous Parental Leave
Unrestricted paid time off (known as Discretionary Time Off - DTO)
Paid Community and Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
Wellness Program, including ClassPass& Employee Assistance Program
Optional Benefits: Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Student Debt Repayment Program and Prepaid Legal coverage
A reasonable estimate of the base compensation range for this position is $310,000 – $330,000. The compensation range is specific to the United States and incorporates many factors including but not limited to an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience and training; licensures, degrees, and certifications; internal equity; internal pay ranges; and market data/range parameters.
PowerSchool is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. PowerSchool is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Our inclusive culture empowers PowerSchoolers to deliver the best results for our customers. We not only celebrate the diversity of our workforce, we celebrate the diverse ways we work. If you have a disability and need an accommodation regarding our recruiting process, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.